The Portland Beagle Meetup Group Message Board › Still looking for a good home for Lupita

Still looking for a good home for Lupita

Abby
user 14208411
Portland, OR
Post #: 4
Send an Email Post a Greeting
I desperately need to find a loving home for Little Lupe, the beagle I took in when my friend moved to England. She is a one year old, pure bred (no papers) not spayed beagle who is smart, loves other dogs and cats and is great with kids.

I offered to take her to help my friend and to keep my other dog company as I am working and going to school and am often gone over 40 hours a week. I was not made aware that she was not house trained until she was left with me. She is sweet and loving, but requires far more time than I have to help her become the fantastic little love she is destined to be with the right love and care. I simply don't have the time to give her the training that she needs.

This has been a difficult decision, and I have tried mutual friends and friends of friends to no avail. I also find my frustration level mounting with her daily and have had complications crate training her due to not being home enough and the fact that when she is in the crate on days I can be there she still bays and howls, which has put me at risk for eviction. Also, although she would love be friends with my cat, my cat is not friendly to her.

My other dog and I will miss her, but I am increasingly at the end of my rope with my own inability to provide the time and training she needs. If you know anyone in the Portland area that wants to provide a loving home and has the time and patience to give this little sweetie what she needs, I would so appreciate the help. I feel terrible that I did not realize her needs and overestimated my ability to provide for her.
A former member
Post #: 1
I posted a greeting but I'm not sure if it went through. Are you charging a re-homing fee for Lupe? I noticed you said she is attempting crate training, otherwise when she is out does she seem potty trained?
Abby
user 14208411
Portland, OR
Post #: 5
I am not charging anything at all. I just want her to have a good home. She is good out of the crate in terms of noise making, but needs someone to help her get house trained. I really don't think it will take very long at all, a week tops, she is really smart. I'm just not around.
Yovana
user 13960103
Clackamas, OR
Post #: 1
If I could house train her for you... Would you like her back? I hv a puppy n will be home for two more months... Then I'll be gone four hours at a time. Plus, i am moving nearby. I hv a puppy as well and the company will work. If not we can work for some other arrangement.
Jo
Jeff Grey
user 9720291
Portland, OR
Post #: 4
i'm sorely tempted, but we just added a cat to our household and our 3 beagles haven't yet adapted to that. plus, in all honesty, the cost of another spaying is daunting at the moment. have you talked to the cascade beagle rescue folks? They may be able to help.