addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Cleveland Cat Resource Meetup Group Message Board › URGENT-cat in potential danger

URGENT-cat in potential danger

Donna L.
user 3251403
Group Organizer
Cleveland, OH
Please read the below email from one of our members. Please help if you can.

What gayle richardson wrote:
--------------------------------------­--------------------------
hello; My friend and I are desperately trying to capture our
feral we have fed and had spayed for 7 yrs. Sheba stayed
around Diane's apt but she just moved monday and the menacing
custodian has told others that he will "get that cat "now.He
threw away diane's bowls earlier this year. she has to turn her
keys in today wednesday.Sheba comes by my window to eat but
also keeps going back to dianes vacant apt where he is stalking
her.she is very smart and hard to catch. years ago I used a
fish net to save her and her 6 kittens.we are desperate .we
feel he will poison her. apl,vets dont help-tell us to use trap-
she is too smart--we want to take her for a check up and try to
find her an indoor home.please if anyone can call 440-439-0856
in Bedford
thank you
A former member
Post #: 7
Using a humane trap is your best bet. I had a pretty darn smart feral too, but when they get hungry enough, they will go into the trap. I've managed to trap her twice - once to have her spayed and the second time to take her with us when we moved. It took me a full week the first time, but just a couple days the second time. Do not feed her outside of the trap. Yes - you will feel terrible doing that, but she has to be hungry enough to go into the trap.

Please read the below email from one of our members. Please help if you can.

What gayle richardson wrote:
--------------------------------------­--------------------------
hello; My friend and I are desperately trying to capture our
feral we have fed and had spayed for 7 yrs. Sheba stayed
around Diane's apt but she just moved monday and the menacing
custodian has told others that he will "get that cat "now.He
threw away diane's bowls earlier this year. she has to turn her
keys in today wednesday.Sheba comes by my window to eat but
also keeps going back to dianes vacant apt where he is stalking
her.she is very smart and hard to catch. years ago I used a
fish net to save her and her 6 kittens.we are desperate .we
feel he will poison her. apl,vets dont help-tell us to use trap-
she is too smart--we want to take her for a check up and try to
find her an indoor home.please if anyone can call 440-439-0856
in Bedford
thank you

Donna L.
user 3251403
Group Organizer
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 64
This (below) was part of a direct email reply to Gayle, however, I thought others may be interested in the info, especially the drop trap...

...Also, if the custodian is threatening to harm the cat, you should contact the APL and ask to speak to the Humane Officer. He would be the one to handle that type of situation. It is against the law to intentionally harm an animal. If nothing else, you may want to confront the custodian and explain this to him. If it escalates, then definitely call the APL Humane Officer.

If you have difficulty trapping Sheba the traditional way. You may want to make a "drop" trap. Hopefully you know someone handy. If not, I can make suggestions, but they would require a fee. You can find designs on the internet. Here is a link to a bunch of them http://www.google.com...­

I am wondering if it is possible for Diane (or you) to take the cat in. Another thought is to try to locate someone with a barn who could acclimate her to her new home. Perhaps offering some money for Sheba's future care would entice someone. This person would have to be committed to keeping Sheba confined indoors (house/barn/large cage) for 3-4 weeks before letting her roam free. If not, she will likely disappear. She may still do so anyway, but her chances will be better.

These situations are tough and the resources to help are scarce. All the best with your efforts to help Sheba.
A former member
Post #: 1
I am Gayle, whom Donna posted about. Sheba is being hunted She needs health care,if anyone can come to Bedford to help me ,please call 440 439-0856