Columbia Dogs-on-the-Go Message Board › Dog Day Afternoon - and our CDOG "secret handshake"

Dog Day Afternoon - and our CDOG "secret handshake"

Mary L.
maryclove
Group Organizer
Columbia, MD
Wow! There's about 120 of us CDOG folks going to Dog Day Afternoon on Saturday! That's terrific!

While it would not be very practical to have us all gather in one place somewhere--given all the things going on at that time--it would be nice to somehow acknowledge and introduce ourselves when we bump into each other.

So here's a plan: Jenny suggested on our Facebook page that we identify ourselves as CDOG-ers by having our dogs wear a bandana of the same color. We actually did this some years ago with blue bandanas (or ribbons) and it worked fine. (We did it at Wine Bin Yappy Hours too.)

So, between now and Saturday, let's see if we can all come up with a blue bandana or scarf--or a blue bow on our dog's collar--to wear as a sort of badge. (Nothing fancy, of course--unless your dog's fashion taste demands!) Then we will put shyness aside and say hello to the other blues that we meet as we're enjoying all the fun things at Dog Day.

This is all totally optional, of course! You are free to go incognito!

If you'd like to participate, but think you might not be able to scrounge up "something blue" in time, please let me know and Jenny and/or I will be happy to help out.

We'll send some more details later, but we wanted to give a heads up now so you have enough time to go blue!

I'll be volunteering at the event (not sure doing what just yet--maybe the "Doggy Dash"). I'll be without dogs, but I'll be on the lookout for blue!

Mary

P.S. If you haven't seen the Columbia Association's Dog Day video, you may want to check it out and get in the spirit:

http://youtu.be/l3CXg...­

Columbia Dogs on the Go

Website | Meetup | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Pinterest