Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty - Tarrant County Message Board › Tips For State Delegate Interview Applicants

Tips For State Delegate Interview Applicants

A former member
Post #: 139
I got the following write up from someone who attended an interview session and wants to help state delegate applicants. So for what it's worth, here goes....

If you would like to be a delegate, please have a look at the attached delegate questions so you have time to think about them before going in for your interview. These questions are only for SD 10. Other senatorial districts have their own questions. The points you get for answering "yes" to a question are very important in determining whether you become a delegate. I don't want anyone to lose a point because they forgot about something they did in the past.

As an example, a applicant friend of mine told me she had never donated to a candidate. Her husband later told me they had donated $1500 to Ron Paul a couple years ago. He wrote the check but her name was on the checking account too. I think this would have been considered a donation she didn't think to talk about it.

If you have never donated to a candidate but have considered doing so, you might want to get on the internet and donate $25 (or any amount) to Ron Paul before going in for your interview. That would count.

Think hard about the long time activist question. You could lose that point when asked on the spot, and then later remember something important you've been involved with. In addition, different people may have different ideas about what this means. Some think it means being involved in party politics or party activism. Some people think it just means voting. You do not necessarily get a point for just voting over the past 10 years ...although some may say you do.
Interviews for SD 10 are tomorrow, Sat April 14 from 10-2pm and Saturday April 21st at the convention. Find the schedule for you own SD or ask someone.

We need good people who care about liberty to get involved and these conventions are where it happens.

Thanks and best of luck!

Ranking delegates (1 pt each)

Precinct chairman?

Election worker? (clerk, judge, ballot security, etc.)

Long time activist? (10+ yrs)

Candidate, elected official, staff?

Campaign volunteer?

Donor to Republican Party or candidates?

Any previous conventions?

Republican Club membership or attendance?

Will you be attending the district convention?

Will you commit to attend state convention?