Chapel Hill/Durham Book Club Message Board › Deals and Offers for Members

Deals and Offers for Members

A former member
Post #: 137
I thought some of you may be interested in the following:

Hi, Chapel Hill / Durham Book Club -

My name is Caroline Zarzar, and I'm writing to you on behalf of the Preservation Society of Chapel Hill. This year, the Preservation Society celebrates its 40th Anniversary Holiday House Tour on Saturday and Sunday, December 8th and 9th. We thought Chapel Hill book lovers might have a special interest in the tour this year, as one of our seven featured homes is the house at 315 East Rosemary Street that author Betty Smith bought with her earnings from "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn," written in Chapel Hill.

We would like to invite your members to attend the tour at a discounted ticket price – $20 instead of $25 per person – for any group of ten people or more. To redeem this offer and order your group tickets, please call the Preservation Society at 919-942-7818 before the end of the business day on Tuesday, December 4th. We are open from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Tuesday through Friday.

We hope to see you at the tour!
A former member
Post #: 138
Here's another from a Research Group:

SIS Market Research is looking for Chapel Hill residents to participate in a transportation study. The study involves a 3-day long digital journal and participants will be compensated $150. You can reach Melissa Goldstein, the project contact, at the following:

Phone: 212.505.6805 Leave a message referencing the 'transportation survey' with your name and number
Email: missyjoy25@outlook.com OR sisfieldwork@sisinternational.com
A former member
Post #: 1
This isn't exclusive to the group, but I thought I'd pass along a link to the website Freebook Sifter. It doesn't have the best interface in the world, but it does have a searchable database of all the free ebooks available for people with a Kindle or the Kindle app. There are over 36,000 options available at the moment and the site links directly to the Amazon page. Enjoy!
A former member
Post #: 143
NOW CASTING FOR NEW ABC MYSTERY REALITY COMPETITION

Are you a budding Sherlock Holmes looking to put your amateur crime solving skills to the test? Do you always figure out the ending before everybody else? Have you always seen yourself as the main character in mystery novels?

From the creator of CSI, Anthony Zuiker, and 51 Minds comes a brand new mystery reality competition for ABC. We are currently scouring the nation for armchair detectives, perceptive problem solvers or anyone who believes they have the mental acuity to go up against other like-minded sleuths for $250,000. This show is for everybody from ex-detectives who’ve solved crimes all their lives, to a mother of three who has to figure out when her children are lying or where they hid her keys.

If you or anyone you know fits the mold of an ASPIRING GUMSHOE then APPLY today. You MUST be at least 21 years old and a legal US resident to be eligible.

For more information and complete eligibility requirements visit ABC.com/Casting or email us at CastingCatrina@gmail.com - include name, age, phone number, brief description of yourself, why you think you would be a great crime solver and two (2) recent photos. Make the subject line your current city and state. All submissions become property of producer. Good luck.