Help support your MeetupChip in
1. When you request to join our group, please write a few lines about yourself and why you want to join us. A paltry request "I like hiking" will not be approved. You are joining a community, so please introduce yourself properly.
2. Late cancellations deny attendance to other members. Repeat offenders will be removed from the group.
3. No name, no picture - it is a problem. You are joining an active COMMUNITY of hikers run by volunteers in their own time and at their own expense. As a matter of mutual respect, we would like to know your name (or nickname) and be able to recognize you when you come out to one of our events. If you are unwilling to provide either, please move on, your request will be denied.
4. Communication is a big part of this group. We are an active Community. Expect to recieve emails about future hikes, and from your hike leaders. If you are unwilling to communicate, please consider moving on.
5. This is NOT a dating group. Regardless, people meet and greet, and sometimes deeper friendships are born and life is good. On the other hand if somebody is not interested to get to know you, move on. Repeat advances will get you banned from this group. Harrassment is not tolerated and will be cause for dismissal. If needed the authorities will get involved.
We are a group of nature enthusiasts that enjoys all the great outdoors that Blue Ridge Mountains and surrounding area have to offer. Hiking is our primary activity, but we also enjoy camping, backpacking, kayaking, dog walks and social gatherings. Most of our hiking trips are dog-friendly as long your canine is well behaved and under control. We are welcoming group but we do have few principles we follow to keep everyone safe and comfortable. Please read our About Us section before joining. Support CHG! If you are shopping online for a new gear, please consider purchasing from one of the vendor banners on our main page. CHG will receive a small percentage of your purchase amount to be used towards meetup expenses. This is the easiest way to keep this group free of dues and without nagging donation requests.
428 Movie Fans
117 Social Animals
424 Healthy Eaters