Chicago Knitters Unite! Message Board › help from an experienced knitter needed!

help from an experienced knitter needed!

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Group members.
I need a bit of help from a knitter (I am a crocheter). My sister in law gave me a partially finished project to help her finish and unfortunately, it is knitted. I would just take it apart and start from scratch, but her grandmother had started it for her new baby, but passed away before she could finish it. It would really mean a lot to her to have it finished and I was hoping to find someone who might be able to help, since I don't know how. There was a small notebook in the bag with stitch counts and such, but this may or may not pertain to the project. Since I don't really know anything about knitting, I can only really tell you that it has been started on circular needles and appears to have some complicated cabling in the pattern. I have photos I can email if you want to know more. It is a baby blanket and is about 2/3 done, so there isn't too much to go and I have the yarn required (and would be happy to pay for your assistance). This may be a lost cause, but any ideas you all might have for me would be great.
Heather
A former member
Post #: 1
The fastest way to do this, since you are willing to pay, is to go to a yarn shop and ask a professional there to help you, or to help you find someone.

If you are really stuck, I can help you if (1) you can wait until January or February and (2) provided it is not knit in some horrible novelty yarn -- which I doubt, since it is a baby blanket.

I live in Chicago and have been knitting for over 40 years.

Beth