Chicago Knitters Unite! Message Board › Crepes a Latte CLOSED - MeetUp at Saugatuck and White Elephant gift exchange

Crepes a Latte CLOSED - MeetUp at Saugatuck and White Elephant gift exchange

Carrie T.
user 17733261
Chicago, IL
Hello Knitters,

Since I just discovered that Crepes a Latte is closed, we will be meeting at Saugatuck Coffee today instead.

Last week we decided to have a White Elephant gift exchange today (also known as a Yankee Swap). Though everyone who attended last week got the news, I failed to get the notification out to everyone else about the swap. If you can, please bring a gift for the swap today. The price limit is $10, and the gift can be nice, goofy, a prank, or totally hideous.

The way the White Elephant works is that we all draw numbers. The person who draws number 1 gets to choose any wrapped present. Number 2 may either "steal" an open present from number 1, or choose another wrapped present. If anyone has their gift "stolen," they may then steal from someone else or choose another wrapped present. This goes on until the person with the highest number has chosen a gift.

I will bring an extra gift so that everyone can participate even if they didn't get notice in time. If anyone else is able to do the same, I would appreciate it. I will reimburse anyone who brings an extra present that we use.

Also, I will be a little late today (big shocker) due to a doctors appointment. We will start the White Elephant exchange around 2:00.

Happy Holidays!

Carrie Tremper