The Chicago Sci-Fi/Fantasy Meetup Group Message Board Also of interest › Upcoming movie classes at Facets -- starting July 18

Upcoming movie classes at Facets -- starting July 18

A former member
Post #: 132
Hi Everyone:

I work at Facets, and one thing movie-lovers and buffs like about us is our movie classes. They are reasonably priced, unpretentious, fun, and taught by knowledgeable but not stodgy instructors. Here are the list of classes for the second session of Summer Film School at Facets .

THE NEGLECTED FILMS OF ORSON WELLES on Monday nights, COURTING LADY LUCK: THE GAMBLING FILM on Tuesday nights, NEW LATIN AMERICAN CINEMA on Wednesday nights, NOTES ON CINEMATOGRAPHY on Thursday nights, and ROUBEN MAMOULIAN AND THE BIRTH OF SOUND on Saturday afternoons.

Classes start the week of July 18. For more information, go to www.facets.org and click on Study Cinema. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I work at Facets and I teach film studies at Oakton, but I still take these classes myself because I always learn something in an atmosphere that is friendly and fun.

Suzi