addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
UrbanFirefly
UrbanFirefly
Chicago, IL
Post #: 10
Hey everyone -

I have been wanting to have a big swap or sale of some kind for a long time with the group, and I now that it's warming up out it's time to get into action!

I have a bunch of Sci-Fi books. posters, etc. and even a few garb items that are looking for new homes, not to mention a TON of other things! Much more than I could ever bring to a meetup, not to mention tons of other things looking for new homes.

I used to go to the Flea Markets pretty regularly, but the idea of having to be in line at 4 am doesn't really appeal to me anymore. So, let's do our Spring Cleaning, make some $, and have a party! It'll give us focus to go through some things, and have a fun payoff at the end.

My plan is to pick whatever weekend will work for the most amount of people, and have a huge multi-household sale/swap at my house. For those that haven't been here, I live right off 90/94, have plenty of parking and a huge yard with a 7 foot fence around it. People can come and set things partially or all the way up the evening before if they like, and we can put tarps over things to keep the dew off. You can just come in the morning as well if that works better for you.

The sale can go on all day Saturday, and even Sunday for those that want to do that, and we have a grill here so we can turn it into a group shindig when the crowd dies down.

The benefit of having it here is that we have a huge and secure place right in the City, and can combine efforts to get the word out so we will get LOTS of traffic, plus it is extremely convenient for the shoppers, and it gives us a chance to hang out in nice weather!

I would like to do it sometime toward the middle/end of May, so bring on your ideas, and all that stuff you've been tripping over all winter long!
A former member
Post #: 9
That sounds pretty fun. Let me know which weekend you are thinking of. I work every other Sat.