The Chicago Sci-Fi/Fantasy Meetup Group Message Board Events and Event Planning › Chicago Sci-Fi/Fantasy August Meetup - Mystic Celt!

Chicago Sci-Fi/Fantasy August Meetup - Mystic Celt!

UrbanFirefly
UrbanFirefly
Chicago, IL
Come join us at Mystic Celt for a fun-filled rambling evening of Sci-Fi, yummy food, great beer, prototype board game designs courtesy of the Chicagoland Boardgames Meetup, & general all-around geekiness!
http://www.meetup.com...­
When: August 4, 2009 7:30 PM

Where:
Mystic Celt
3443 N Southport Ave
Chicago, IL 60657

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP.

You can always get in touch with me through the "Contact Organizer" link on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com...­
David S.
user 57237272
Chicago, IL
Post #: 5
I know this is an old post, but it is on subject.

Is there any parking on Tuesday night??? I'd planned on driving.

If not, any of you have an easy way to get there from the Jefferson Park area? (bus or train is OK, just don't know how to plan trips on them)
Barbara G M.
BGMeyer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 130
I have gone twice and found parking within a half block both times. Alternatively, I would got to the RTA site (http://www.rtachicago...­ use the trip planner to figure out the best bus routes for you. It should be fairly easy but you may have to walk a few blocks.
David S.
user 57237272
Chicago, IL
Post #: 6
Thanks, I even I can walk that far. biggrin I'm even up for a longer walk, if it's easier to park. (see below)

Is it all parallel parking? I've always hated parallel parking. angry (won't stop me, just hoping)

Leane
lverhulst
Group Organizer
Brookfield, IL
Post #: 56
Yes, it's all parallel parking. I can usually find a space pretty close without too much driving around. Just be aware that you have to pay at the machines - it's a $1.50 per hour up until 9pm, free after 9pm.

There's also the brown line stop there if that helps you out.
David S.
user 57237272
Chicago, IL
Post #: 7
Anyone know if there is parking at the north end of the Brown line at that time of evening? I don't mind paying, just easy to find a spot, and get in and out.

Also, how late do most stay? I work kind of late, and don't want to show up too late. ;-)

Leane
lverhulst
Group Organizer
Brookfield, IL
Post #: 61
Hi David.
First, just an FYI. You get a quicker and better response if you just add a comment to the event itself. Meetup's discussion boards only send out an email about new messages once a day. I wish they'd fix that, but they haven't. :-/
Second, I drive in from Brookfield and I've always been able to find street parking. Sometimes it can be a few blocks away, but sometimes it's right next to Mystic Celt. There is a meter, but parking after 9pm is free. I *think* it's $1.50/hr. There is no parking lot nearby.
Third, a number of people usually stay until 11pm or so. Sometimes later depending on if there is a good game going or a good discussion happening.

Hope to see you there. :-)

--Leane
Jerry R.
user 95491502
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
I will try to attend. I am a new member and started a new thread about my pinball machine. Looking forward to some good fun and networking with others like minded. I am a lifelong collector of Sci fi and Movie memorablia. I love film and have been pursuing and compiling a prolific collection since 1976. Thanks for the thread and hope to hear from someone soon! Jerry