addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Steve S.
Steve_Starr
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Scott Wheeler informed me he got a malware warning on the DIYSEO "perk" I sent out this week when he clicked through to their website. That's bad news... for DIYSEO, if they do exist... and for meetup.com who supposedly vetts the sponsors they allow into their website. I removed this sponsor and trust that no one clicked through to some deleterious malware! I informed the "owner" of DIYSEO.

Steve Starr, Organizer, Chicago Web Professionals Meetup
A former member
Post #: 1
Scott Wheeler informed me he got a malware warning on the DIYSEO "perk" I sent out this week when he clicked through to their website. That's bad news... for DIYSEO, if they do exist... and for meetup.com who supposedly vetts the sponsors they allow into their website. I removed this sponsor and trust that no one clicked through to some deleterious malware! I informed the "owner" of DIYSEO.

Steve Starr, Organizer, Chicago Web Professionals Meetup

Steve - I'm the owner of DIYSEO and was very concerned when I saw your note regarding the malware notification. We're a hard working, Chicago-based startup and by no means a malware site. I forwarded your note to Meetup support to see how this could have happened. My apologies for the concerns this caused within your group and would love the opportunity to connect.

Dan Olson - CEO, DIYSEO
A former member
Post #: 31
I, too, checked out the site and my McAfee system indicated no problem. I Googled them first and then went to the site. I did not go to the site from Meetup.com.
Steve S.
Steve_Starr
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 105
Dan,
I cant' track it down for you, but I'll ask Scott Wheeler to provide what he found when he did the click through. If the site is clean, we'll be all good to go and we'll reinstate the perk. I can certainly understand your concern. This has happened to me before and it's not fun.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks, Steve. Much appreciated. Meetup is also looking into it as well.

Dan
Steve S.
Steve_Starr
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 106
If you send me your email Dan, I'll send you the PDF reports that Norton generated for member Scott Wheeler. We should take this conversation off the bulletin board. Contact me at steve[at]stephenbstarrdesign[dot]com.