addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago Web Professionals Meetup Group Message Board › Documenting Web Project Requirements

Documenting Web Project Requirements

Jess
user 10182330
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
Hi All,

Is there any software to help keep track of web project requirements? Right now when I get a project I usually keep track of what has to be done with emails and notes stuffed into the project's folder. The new projects are more complicated and have plenty of last minute changes. So is there any software that helps with this? How are other professionals keep track of this?

Thanks
Jess
Linda R.
user 3228851
Chicago, IL
Post #: 23
Hi Jess,
I currently use MIcrosoft Office OneNote. I can create a project and keep all the notes, etc inside the project folder. I can also send emails from Outlook to OneNote. I also have OneNote synched from my tower to my laptop and it automatically updates the files so that no matter where I am I can access the emails and notes associated to a project. There is a tutorial on Lynda.com that explains how to use OneNote.

Regards,
Linda Ryder
Steve S.
Steve_Starr
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 135
There is also the gold standard Basecamp by 37 Signals. This product has recently had a thorough revamp and is more user friendly than ever. It's meant to be participatory... For clients as well as internal.
Jess
user 10182330
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
Thanks for the suggestions. I sort of use OneNote now. At work they use JIRA. But would like to look at BaseCamp.
Kendall C.
user 11644127
Chicago, IL
Post #: 7
There are also other, less expensive, and less complicated Project Management sites out there. THere is one called TeamWork PM, I think. I don't have the address, but search google for that. It's something I've had a lot of web professionals talking about recently in a chat I'm in.