Chicago Web Professionals Meetup Group Message Board › Java Web Developer - West Loop
|A former member||
Gorilla is a 15 year-old web design and development agency specializing in eCommerce for multi-channel companies. We have a unique group in a client-driven culture looking to expand our reach to exceed the expectations of our clients. This is a full-time position with great benefits: Medical, dental and life insurance plans; Health Savings Account; Work-from-home options; 401(k) with 3% company contribution; Corporate bonus and sophisticated caffeine delivery systems.
• Work with the Gorilla team on new projects, from initial business development and discovery phases through implementation and deployment of the completed project.
• Maintain and enhance existing Java websites while adhering to accepted best practices.
• Work with Gorilla's designers to implement custom front-end HTML.
• Understand and effectively communicate Java features and limitations with regard to design and development decisions on new projects.
• Help manage the design and development process, drive decisions, and coordinate efforts with fellow Gorillas.
• Significant experience building n-tier web applications in Java
• Knowledge of object-oriented design patterns
• Experience with MVC architectures
• Solid experience interacting with database systems using both raw SQL queries and ORM's
• Strong people and project management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
• A keen interest in emerging technologies and how they might impact future design decisions and strategic directions.
• Experience with the Spring Framework, particularly Spring MVC
• Experience with iBatis/MyBatis
• Experience with Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL
• Working experience with the eCommerce development process, and the ability to create solutions for common questions/concerns on this type of platform
• Ability to come up with accurate development estimates based on high-level business and/or technical requirements
• Understanding of common web analytics suites (Google Analytics, Omniture) and experience implementing these systems
• Experience working with the SVN version control system
• Comfortable researching and adopting new web technologies
• Familiar with SEO/SEM best practices
• Back of the hand knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and standard business applications such as MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, etc.