Chicago Web Professionals Meetup Group Message Board › Web hosting choices

Web hosting choices

Scott P W.
wheelermm
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
Thanks to Steve and the co-hosts for the wonderful presentation this evening. It gave us a lot to think about and helped to gauge the progress of mobile technology in our country.

There has been a lot of discussion about web hosting companies, much of it negative. So I wanted to share my long term positive experience with a medium size web hosting company.

I have been using
http://www.linksky.co...­
hosting for over 12 years. I have found the speed of their servers to be superior to others I have tried. In one case, we used LinkSky Value Host hosting for staging the site while it was under development, then moved it to the client's current hosting company (one of the WordPress recommended hosting companies, I believe). The site slowed down so much that the client asked for it to be transferred back to LinkSky, even though it meant they had to move their email accounts which is never any fun.

If someone does decide to use LinkSky, it would be great if they used my email address, scott@wheelermultimedia.com, in the “Please tell us where you read about LinkSky Value Host, or who referred you to us” blank on the registration form. Not only do I get one free month ($5 woo hoo) but I get some brownie points as well.

Thanks again,
Scott
Cell 773-407-4351
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Scott P Wheeler, President
Wheeler Multimedia Consulting, Inc.
2724 W. Montrose Avenue
Chicago, IL 60618
p 773-866-2438
m 773-407-4351
www.wheelermultimedia.com
scott@wheelermultimedia.com
Steve S.
Steve_Starr
Chicago, IL
Post #: 143
Thanks for this recommendation, Scott. It seems web hosting is a bit of a game these days... Great speeds on one until they seem to overload their boxes and then people are not so happy. It's great to hear you've had solid experience with linksky! Hey... Why not pass along the brownie points :-). It helps us all.
Rosanna S.
user 43525562
Chicago, IL
Post #: 18
I'm also happy to provide hosting suggestions to anyone who's looking. The company I work for offers hosting, and I've worked with a lot of other good hosting companies as well. I will try to recommend the best fit for your needs. Just message me if you want to know more.

--Rosanna