addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago concert goers Message Board › new show listings! new album releases!

new show listings! new album releases!

james
gemmes
Chicago, IL
hola chicas and chicos and chicagoans,

just a reminder that we have a couple of opportunities to get together early in the month. LATE this friday, some of us are getting together for electro-pop buzzband, purity ring. i think we may need all of the electronic stimulation to keep us awake! later, on may 9, british chanteuse, daughter, will be playing a sold out show at lincoln hall. i *highly* recommend checking out her new album on youtube or spotify or pandora or whatever music site you can hack into. beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...

lincoln hall doesn't sell hard tickets, but you may still be able to get in by hanging out in front of the venue and picking up an extra spot from another patron. this has worked for me 100% of the time.

otherwise, i just wanted to pass along a link for the new album releases for today as listed at allmusic.com (http://www.allmusic.c...­, and the new show postings, compliments of the chicago reader. fyi, i just picked up the new cayucas album today and it is fun-omenal! yah, i know, bad pun, but it's a great summer record. i haven't seen a show listing for them, but i'm certain that they'll be coming through town soon. very stoked about this band right now!

as per usual, here is a list of the newly announced shows. tickets for most of these go on sale this week! peruse this list and suggest the next meetups! i know that Denise, Sofi, Jen, and I had a great time at subterranean for the bleached show. I'm looking forward to seeing you all at a show soon!

+james

NEW UPCOMING SHOWS:

New

Updated