ConnectedHealth is hosting a meetup that is part of Chicago Health Innovation Week: REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT AT EVENTBRITE: Consumerism in Healthcare: It's Here, Like It Or Not!
Public health insurance exchanges opened to consumers across America on October 1st, just as the country came to a political standstill. This unprecedented time in our nation's history has raised many questions about the way consumers access healthcare and health information. How can you make the right choices when it comes to your health? Do you have the right tools to do so?
Join this world-class panel as they discuss why consumerism and health care is no longer an oxymoron, but a critical juncture in the U.S. And how technology is accelerating this era.
Key Topics Covered:
• Why consumers are more responsible now for their health decisions with the advent of consumer-driven movements, including healthcare exchanges.
• What we’ve learned about the consumer-decision making process through behavioral economics, the retail world and our own experiences.
• How to apply the lessons from behavioral economics to healthcare.
• How market players - hospitals, physicians, health plans, and entrepreneurial companies - can help support consumers to take charge of their health and financial security.
• Ken Anderson, Co-Founder & COO, First Stop Health
• Andrew Sykes, Chairman, Health At Work
• Tracy Heilman, Consumer Behavior Strategist, ConnectedHealth
• Barbara A. Otto, CEO, Health & Disability Advocates
• Food and beverages (wine and beer) will be served from 6-7pm during the networking session
• Moderated panel will begin at 7pm
• Audience members can tweet panel questions @ConnectedHLTH #consumerism
• Event Day Parking and Transportation:
Parking: is available along Elston on either side of the street north of Webster and along Webster east of Elston. There are no meters or fees associated with these parking spots but please consent with the street signs to confirm your parking location.
CTA: You can also take public transportation via the Ashland Bus (CTA #9) northbound to the Webster & Ashland stop (Stop ID #6262). Alternately, the Armitage train station is nearby (1.3 miles) via the Purple and Brown lines.
Metra: The Clybourn Metra stop is 1/3 of a mile south at the Ashland/Elston/Armitage intersection. This train service the UP-N and UP-NW train lines to the northwest suburbs via the Ogilvie station downtown.
Ken Anderson, Co-Founder & COO, First Stop Health
Ken is a serial entrepreneur and consultant with particular expertise in data distribution, custom development, and related services. He is also the co-founder of Marketing Solutions, Ltd., a consulting entrepreneurial boutique. He founded ClickData.com, a database marketing company that was subsequently sold to Dolan Media in 2000 and then sold several years later to LexisNexis.
Andrew Sykes, Chairman, Health at Work
Andrew is a qualified actuary, a licensed health insurance broker, an HIAA managed health professional and an accomplished speaker on the topic of consumer-directed health care and wellness. He has worked on four continents in these areas having started and run NMG Consultants and Actuaries for 15 years and has consulted with some of the world’s largest companies (including Shell Oil, McDonald’s, Nokia).
Tracy Heilman, Consumer Behavior Strategist, ConnectedHealth
An expert in designing and building products that facilitate consumer decision-making, Tracy leads ConnectedHealth’s consumer engagement and product strategies — making sure they reflect cutting-edge understanding of consumer behavior and decision-making, and support ConnectedHealth’s overall mission of helping employees make better decisions.
Barbara A. Otto, CEO, Health & Disability Advocates
Barbara has been the Executive Director (subsequently CEO) of Health & Disability Advocates since 1994. HDA is is a driving force behind building smarter systems of health and economic supports for vulnerable people and places across the nation, state, and metropolitan Chicago. She is the founder of HDA Consulting and provides consultation to states, private and nonprofit health concerns. In 2011, Barbara was appointed by President Obama to the Advisory Group on Prevention, Health Promotion and Integrative Public Health.
Register for this Event!!!