Chicagoland Fiat & Lancia Unlimited Message Board Events › Annual Club Picture is May 18th

Annual Club Picture is May 18th

david p.
user 7194130
Chicago, IL
Post #: 20
The Whole Foods in Lincoln Park also has a good view of downtown (perhaps a bit further away than the Roosevelt & Canal location) and that deck is free. The sun rising over downtown could give some interesting light if you get there early enough.

I work for the City but I am not sure who permission would be required from to put cars on the plaza in front of Buckingham Fountain. Most likely the Park District, which is sort of separate from other City departments.

There are all sorts of architecturally noteworthy buildings scattered around the city that might provide a nice backdrop. One that comes to mind is Carl Schurz High School in Avondale, down the street a bit from Autosprint.

I do like the Museum Campus location.

Once it gets warm enough to work in my garage I will determine whether the fearsome knocking noise that made me park my Spider is rod knock or a failing water pump - I certainly hope it's the latter, and then maybe I can finally make the photo (and other things) after X number of years.
Tom B.
user 6030288
Naperville, IL
Post #: 726
Thanks guys!
Lots of good ideas here...
If anyone has a chance to "scout" one of these locations, please do.... Ideally early on a Saturday morning to see if the light will be right... not a bunch of other cars in the lot... etc.
Take a couple pics of whatever you are driving...

Maybe a small group scouting party once the weather improves.....
Mike S.
user 4764719
Springfield, IL
Post #: 35
I've always thought that the Marina City towers at Dearborn and the river would be a cool location. Have a spiral of Fiats shot from the other tower. Go to googlemaps and zoom into 312 N. Dearborn Parkway to the street level view to see the spiral parking ramp. Would be difficult to orchestrate, I'm sure. Just the parking fees for all our cars would be outrageous.
Steven K. K.
user 4593536
Colgate, WI
Post #: 265
I've always thought that the Marina City towers at Dearborn and the river would be a cool location. Have a spiral of Fiats shot from the other tower. Go to googlemaps and zoom into 312 N. Dearborn Parkway to the street level view to see the spiral parking ramp. Would be difficult to orchestrate, I'm sure. Just the parking fees for all our cars would be outrageous.

Would be a GREAT shot, very iconic, but not sure how it could be accommodated logistically (M.I. theme is playing in the background as I type this).
SKK
Michael L.
sonosml
Anamosa, IA
Post #: 2,036
I had posted on FB chi-flu that I wasn't going to be able to make the club photo again this year. However my Sweetheart said that she would be so busy at her friends wedding being her "personal assistant" that I would be sitting around mostly bored. So she said I should go to the photo shoot. BONUS! I may scoot out quickly after and maybe get home in time for the dance. That would be some extra bonus points on my end!

Have we set a start time? Or will that be determined by the location and the "get in/get out" factor?
Dacia H.
LTRB
Park Ridge, IL
Post #: 184
Mike, I am soo glad you can make it!

Tom Bara is in charge of the photo shoot. I am not sure if he has selected a location...hopefully somewhere, where we won't get arrested.....
Dan J.
user 37860352
McHenry, IL
Post #: 82
Nuts-my Saturday to work. My spider would break the camera anyway.
Dacia H.
LTRB
Park Ridge, IL
Post #: 189
Dan that is not true!!!!!
Dacia H.
LTRB
Park Ridge, IL
Post #: 190
There is a guy who called me, he is owner/operator of the NATIONAL ITALIAN SPORTS HALL OF FAME. I think this is near the Rosebud restaurant.

http://www.niashf.org...­

Anyway he is totally convinced we need to have some FIAT activity at his venue. He's quite excited about it.

I looked on their website, and it looks like there is the Chicago skyline in the background from the rooftop.
Is there parking on the rooftop? I don't know.

I have yet to get down there to see what all the fuss is about, but maybe he's right, and maybe we should check out the options there.

Anybody wanna go with me?

Michael L.
sonosml
Anamosa, IA
Post #: 2,039
It does look like the terrace has a great view. While our cars are small, I bet they won't let us park them up there. But it does look like a great place to end up at the end of an event and have dinner there. Maybe when Chi-Flu host the next FUN event, that would be a great place to have the Saturday night dinner. weather permitting of course.