|From:||Eric N. M.|
|Sent on:||Friday, November 30, 2012 5:12 PM|
From: Warrior Arts Martial Arts & Fitness Supply <[address removed]>
Date: November 30, 2012, 16:50:15 CST
To: [address removed]
Subject: News from Warrior Arts Martial Arts & Fitness Supply
Reply-To: [address removed]
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
WARRIOR ARTS MARTIAL ARTS & FITNESS SUPPLY
1641 W. Carroll Avenue
Chicago, IL 60612
Issue No. 8
ESKRIMA STICK BASICS
1. Witik- Retracting, linear fast strike. Similar to a boxer's jab.
2. Labtik- Circular, powerful strike.
3. Abiniko- Wrist generated strike.
4. Sungkete- Stab.
5. V-Strikes-Short slashing strikes.
6. Kob-kob- Left & right side stiff-armed strikes.
7. Curbado- Curved wide-angle stab.
8. Punyo strkes- Butt end of weapon strike.
9. Florete- Looping, circular strike.
10. Figure 8 strikes- Slashing strike resembling the number 8.
For further training, check out the DVD in the store,
A note of clarification on Eskrima, sometimes incorrectly referred as Filipino stick fighting.
The initial training is done with the stick, but that is stricly to develop the correct attributes in a safe manner. Eskrima is a complete martial art of 12 different categories using weapons, empty hands, kicking, and grappling.
FEATURED PRODUCTRattan Eskrima SticksHigh Quality & Long Lasting. 28" wide x 1" thick. Great for eskrima or any weapons training.$24.95
HIGH QUALITY, REASONABLY PRICED EQUIPMENT FOR BOXING, MARTIAL ARTS, AND FITNESS.
In This Issue FEATURED PRODUCT UPCOMING EVENTS VISIT ONLINE STORE
UPCOMING EVENTSDecember 2, 2012
"Self Defense and The Law" Class
Hoffman Estates, IL
Featuring Craig Lawrence
December 9, 2012Free Martial Arts Seminar - Chicago, ILMartial Arts of the WorldIsraell, Philippines, Indonesia, BrazilDecember 14, 2012MMA Fiights,, Hammond, IN
If you have any upcoming events, please forward them to me and I will try and get them listed.
OUR NEW ONLINE STORE IS NOW OPEN!