align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Chicago Martial Arts Club Message Board › Hiking and Striking Weekend 2

Hiking and Striking Weekend 2

Eric N. M.
user 6711384
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 6
I am looking at Father's day weekend - Jun 16-17, to do some hiking and martial arts. We would pick a destination to drive to, hike out and set up a camp, then do some martial arts and short hikes. I would like to get some suggestions and ideas if anyone would like to try something like this.

Locations?

Alternative dates?

Eric Miller
KDC
Christopher
cer7173
Chicago, IL
Post #: 25
That weekend is usually Bruce's first weekend at Nordhouse. I'm waiting to get conformation from him that he'll be up there that weekend. I also asked him what other weekends he and the MSU Karate Club plan on being up there. I'll update this thread as I get more details.
Eric N. M.
user 6711384
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 7
Nordhouse dunes is awesome. I would love to make that trip again. I am also looking more locally too. Gonna scout some areas out and update when I do.

E
Matt
user 13104004
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
Sounds cool but will have to see what weekends I'm off with my silly rotating schedule.....
Christopher
cer7173
Chicago, IL
Post #: 26
My old karate teacher, Bruce, and a bunch of other Michigan State Karate Club folks will definitely be at Nordhouse Dunes in Michigan the weekend of June 16.
Eric N. M.
user 6711384
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 8
Family stuff might interfere with that weekend. Maybe the weekend after or before? I am still aiming for the 15th, 16th, but might have to change things up. I would love to hang with Bruce and the guys again, so I will make the effort for sure.
B H.
user 44815462
East Lansing, MI
Post #: 1
The MSUKC will be camping at Nordhouse Dunes Wilderness area the weekend of July 16th. We usually get there on Friday. Talk to Christopher for directions. Primitive weapons WILL be involved! (that's atlatl and darts, biblical style slings, rabbit sticks...)
Eric N. M.
user 6711384
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 9
July 16th? not June 16th? That could change the planning a bit. July would be easier to schedule.
Christopher
cer7173
Chicago, IL
Post #: 27
Just confirmed with Bruce: June 16 is the date. I'm sure he will plan other trips there this summer, but I'm not sure of those dates yet.