Chicago Martial Arts Club Message Board › Saturdays - 12:30 Open sparring - Near South Side - 10 mins Southwest of the

Saturdays - 12:30 Open sparring - Near South Side - 10 mins Southwest of the Loop

A former member
Post #: 14
If anyone is interested, we can meet on Saturdays in Bridgeport - 2956 S. Wallace. The Halsted bus is 3 blocks west, and the #44 Wallace stops right outside (you catch it at the Halsted Orange line station).

Sparring, grappling, same as usual. We will start sparring at 12:30 and can last till whenever. Area is carpeted, with music (yay!) and there is a bathroom so you can change.

And this can be a regular thing by the way.

Right now we have a couple beginner level women, two or three boxers who are just starting out in other styles, one of my intermediate level students, and myself.

$5 is appreciated...
Christopher
cer7173
Chicago, IL
Post #: 12
This sounds like a great option. I know I can't make it this weekend, and until May my availability will be really hit or miss, but otherwise, I'm all for more places to train and people to train with.
GrampaMoses
user 6926925
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
Oh, I almost missed this thread. This is much much closer to where I live than the Evanston location and I would be happy to pitch in $5 to get some sparring practice.

Is this still going on every Saturday?
A former member
Post #: 16
Yep. The space is still available at that time. I'm doing my regular sparring at that time anyway, so there will always be at least me and one of my students, bare minimum.

Just let me know if anyone wants to stop by.
Christopher
cer7173
Chicago, IL
Post #: 18
Since there doesn't seem to be a Ping Tom meetup this weekend, I'm planning on this Bridgeport meetup to get my sparring and grappling fix. Is it still on for this Saturday, 5-1?
Christopher
cer7173
Chicago, IL
Post #: 19
If for some reason this Saturday location isn't available on May 1, is anyone else interested in meeting at Ping Tom on Saturday or Sunday late morning (10 or 11)?