The Chicago Portuguese Language Meetup Group Message Board › European Portuguese lessons online

European Portuguese lessons online

Cristina V.
user 3461148
Carcavelos, PT
Post #: 76
Cristina Vasconcelos

Program Description

Portuguese from A to Z if requested.
Practical portuguese.
Intensive courses.
Portuguese conversation courses for intermediate and advanced.
Courses about the portuguese history and culture.

Teaching Experience

Fifteen years experience in portuguese for foreigns.
During all this period of time I organized several courses in different companies.

Experience in High Shcool teaching in portuguese languages.

Teacher Training

University Degree in the portuguese language and literature from " Universidade Clássica de Lisboa"
University Degree in the english language and literature from "Universidade Clássica de Lisboa"

Complete flexibility.
Lessons are paid at the beginning of each month.
Lessons adapted to the students needs, and capacity.

Cost of Lessons

Please contact for information

Dear Friends,

As you can see in my Curriculum Vitae, I have a degree taken in Lisbon University, in portuguese language and literature. I am portuguese and my experience in portuguese teaching is quite long. Besides teaching the portuguese language in a High School, I organize several courses in companies, for foreign students, and I also have an anual course for foreign students in Lisbon University. Four years ago, I started my online lessons, and I try to make them as cosy as possible. I use the video-conference system, so I can see my students and they can see me; we can talk, we make the exercices together, I explain all the grammar, and if my students have any doubt or question, I explain it orally which I think makes it easier to be understood. It is as if we were sitting in an office side by side. The only thing we cannot do is drinking a coffee while we study. Besides the lessons, I always send some homework. My students buy two books that we follow, and the rest of the material is sent by me by e-mail.

Besides teaching the language I always find a way of giving some information about the country and the portuguese culture and history, specially to the students of portuguese origin.

How does online instruction work?
On-line instruction simulates the in-person learning environment. You will
need a computer with a sound card and speakers, which most come with today,
and a web camera and microphone. You can purchase a web camera and
microphone from Logitech's website; prices range from $30 USD to $130 USD.
After you plug in the web camera and microphone you will download free
software to access instant messaging, video conferencing, and telephone
software. I can assist you with these straight-forward steps.

You may believe that all my students are being very sucessful with this kind of lessons. I have now four students in the US. They are quite happy and one of them already attained the advanced level. Three of them use the video-conference system.

I also have students in England, one online and two on telephone,one in Australia online and one in Canada also online. Besides I have lessons here in Portugal, in person.

Concerning the lessons on telephone, they work as well as the video-conference ones, they are just not so cosy, once we cannot see each other, but the results are exactly the same. My students that use telephone, do it using some very cheap cards.

In case you need to cancel a lesson, you will have to do it one day before, in order to avoid paying it. Of course I am very flexible and there is always the possibility of changing the lesson to another convenient time for both parts.

Hoping to hear from you soon, I take the opportunity to send my best regards.

Cristina Vasconcelos

I also organize now Tailored trips to Portugal