The Atlanta Backyard Poultry Meetup Group Message Board Chicken Classifieds › Free 6 week old blue ameraucana...

Free 6 week old blue ameraucana...

Darren
user 10732212
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 140
very sweet boys. I have 2x 6 week old blue ameraucana boys and 1x black ameraucana boy.

I also have a black copper marran pair (feather legged) for sale. They came from eggs from 'Fancy Chick Farms'

Rick B.
user 12834618
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 70
Darren

Do you have any advice or tips on using the GQF 1588 incubator? My first time using it. Rick
Darren
user 10732212
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 141
Umm... I found it really easy to use and reliable. The first time I hovered over it and panicked at any little dip or fluctuation in temp/humidity but then the second time I trusted the water trays and followed the directions. The temp is what it is I am not technical so I couldn't do anything about the temp anyway so I left that to the bator.
I just kept the inside tray full for 18 days then filled the next inside one as well. My hatches came out almost perfect?
I put my trust in the bator and then left it too the hatching gods! It worked for me...good luck!
Darren
user 10732212
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 143
After the weekend of watching my young chickens enjoy the outside I realize that I have too many boys and would like to re-home them. They are very healthy and active and free to a good home.

The ameraucanas were very hard to tell the difference and I am still not sure that the black one is a boy or girl.
Ann W.
user 11211005
Wedowee, AL
Post #: 208
Man I wished this was a hen. I have a roo. Where did you get the eggs from/ Did you get a pr that you will be breeding. I need a blue hen for my roo. I also have a black one but really want the blues.
Jody
Jodychik
Douglasville, GA
Post #: 4
We would interested in a roo for our three Plymouth Rock hens...would the roo be safe with three 1 year old hens?
Darren
user 10732212
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 144
Jody, I think he would be still too young to be thrown in with year old hens at the moment but give it a month or two?
Darren
user 10732212
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 145
I still have my 4 little boys waiting for a good home. They are 7 weeks old... Very big and healthy! I have 2x blue ameraucanas and one black one. Also one BCM feathered legged boy.

I have one pullet French BCM (BCM are Wade Jean line from Fancy Chick Farms)... $20 for the pair either BCM pullet with BCM boy... Or BCM pullet with the blue ameraucana boy ( chicks will be olive eggers)