add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Atlanta Backyard Poultry Meetup Group Message Board General Discussion › Is a yellow buff the same as a buff orpington

Is a yellow buff the same as a buff orpington

Mount Airy, GA
Post #: 4
I went to a chicken auction last night and bought some chicks - they sold them as "yellow buffs." I tought "great! those are buff orpingtons" so I bid on them. Then I talked to one of my kids at school today - who has chickens (but only in the 4th grade), I asked him if a yellow buff was the same as Buff orpingtons... he said he didn't know - his family calls them yellow buffs.... so... I'm asking you! Did I buy buff orpingtons? tongue Only paid $1.50 each for them. Of course it was straight run - hope I get some hens out of it!!!!
Thanks for your help!!!
robert m.
user 11126409
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 41
Yeah...i dont know what else you would call a yellow buff, other that a buff orph.
robert m.
user 11126409
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 42
go to and look at the chicks at the bottom of the orph.; page to see if yours looks the ones there...
A former member
Post #: 3
Yellow is a color and Buff is a color; neither is a breed. So far as I know there is no breed of chicken officially called Yellow Buff. Most likely it is either a Buff Orpington or a Buff Rock. Rocks have yellow legs, Orpingtons have whitish-pink legs.

Good luck with your new flock!