The London Chinese Language Meetup Group Message Board › China by Kayak - the world's first sea kayaking expedition across China

China by Kayak - the world's first sea kayaking expedition across China

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi guys,

--- I hope you don't mind me posting this here, however I thought this might be of interest to you, seeing as it's related to China!---

Over the past few months we have been planning an expedition to sea kayak 4000km between Hong Kong and Beijing in 2012. As far as we know this has never before been attempted so it is indeed a very exciting challenge!

We hope to integrate a cultural-educational exchange element to our expedition. The aim of this is to establish mutually beneficial links between students in China and UK/New Zealand. Some of our plans include meet-and-great sessions at local Chinese schools/cities whilst paddling up the coastline and real-time interactive learning and communication for students.

At the minute we are investigating how to receive permission/support from the Chinese Government - it would be great to hear from any one that might have any recommendations on who we should speak with. Any knowledge or support would be highly valuable and very helpful to us : )

If you'd like to find out more about our expedition please have a look at our website and view our Information Pack (the download link is on the main page or visit­) You can send us an e-mail at with any questions/input or if you would simply like to chat with us - it would be great to hear from you!

Kind regards,

Matthew Traver
London, UK.