add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Chinese Workshop New York Message Board › Chinese Workshop: Apr. 12: "Frequently Asked Questions 7" - What Time is It?

Chinese Workshop: Apr. 12: "Frequently Asked Questions 7" - What Time is It?

user 2367405
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Apr. 12: "Frequently Asked Questions 7" - What Time is It?

Time! Time is more likely to be on our side, if we know how to say it. Chinese's sense of time is decidedly different from that of the West, and we will thoroughly explore it.

From century, year, month, day, hour, down to second, we will learn how to say them in Mandarin, in the "Chinese" order. We will also go into the "tenses", or the Chinese equivalent, to convey the idea of the past, present, and future. We will also learn how to say, "It's about time!", "I don't think I'd make it.", and "Take your time." Please note that this Sat event will meet at 3pm. It's time for some timely Mandarin!

When: Saturday, April 12, 3:00 PM
Where: Where
Public Space (Sculpture Garden) at 590 Madison Avenue
Between 56th and 57th Streets (IBM Building), Look for a table with a Meetup sign
Meeting fee: USD10.00 per person (for 2 hours Mandarin lesson)

*Past "Frequently Asked Questions" events:
Mar. 18: "Frequently Asked Questions 6" - Where is It?
Feb. 27: "Frequently Asked Questions 5" - May I?
Jan. 31 "Frequently Asked Questions 4" - Why Did You Choose to Learn Chinese?

Learn more here: