Jul 23, 2013 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
27 "chatters" participated in the June 25th bilingual chat
32-35 attended July 16th
* Mandarin speakers want to practice English (and reduce their Chinese accents)?
* English speakers want to learn Mandarin?
* Nerdy Chinese folks want to bring friends and have a fun, FREE "outing" in Boston just talking with nerdy strangers in English or Mandarin?
Our stable location is in Kresge 201 in the most gracious and globally conscious Harvard School of Public Health, where health-conscious and energy-conscious building and curriculum modifications have been made.
* We'll use a "plenary" format for our concise (please) introductions (consider planning them in advance).
* After introductions, we'll 'divvy up' (divide) into smaller groups, with those concerned with pronunciation recessing to pronunciation clinic ('accent reduction'). Others can remain and break into small Mandarin-language discussion groups.
All participants, both Mandarin-speakers and English-speakers, need to register IN ADVANCE to get an HSPH building permission for the night.
(a) E-Mail [masked] and [masked] to register your intent AND also
(b) sign YES on this meetup.
We would like your request by 4 pm the day before the Tuesday evening event. However, IF you sign up later, that could still incentivize others to attend.
Requesting your building access should be done earlier, but you may still be able to get into the Harvard building.
* Harvard Square to LMA is about 30 minutes on #66 bus or the M2 Harvard bus.
* Green Line E-Line comes to the building.
* Walking from the Orange Line takes about 5-10 minutes.
* Walking from Brookline is about 10 minutes.
* MFA, NEU, Wentworth, and Colleges of the Fenway are adjacent.
* Route 9 comes right into the area.
* Street parking is FREE from 6 pm onward.
Read more: https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3948299021