* Mandarin speakers want to practice English (and reduce their Chinese accents)?
* English speakers want to learn Mandarin?
* Nerdy Chinese folks want to bring friends and have a fun, FREE "outing" in Boston just talking with nerdy strangers in English or Mandarin?
5:30 pm (Before 6 pm ?) - free conversations - so arrive early
6-7 - Introductions
7:00-7:30 pm - "Expert Topical Presentation" in BOTH Mandarin AND English
September 24 - NO 30-minute PowerPoint 'expert presentation'
Want to (a) give an 'expert talk' or (b) just show off your skills in Mandarin and English? Let us know in advance.
7:30 pm - Questions and Answers from Audience - try out your English and/or Mandarin - Translator available to help with translating the questions for the speaker.
8-9:30 pm - small Mandarin-speaking groups
8-9:30 pm - English language pronunciation and grammar workshops
After 9:30 pm - FURTHER free conversations - so stay late
Our stable location is Kresge 201 in the most gracious and globally conscious Harvard School of Public Health, where health-conscious and energy-conscious building and curriculum modifications have been made.
All Mandarin speakers (and English-speakers, too) need to register IN ADVANCE to get an HSPH building permission for the night.
E-Mail [masked] to register your intent AND sign YES on this meetup.
PLEASE request by 4 pm the day before the Tuesday evening event.
* Harvard Square to LMA is about 30 minutes on #66 bus or the M2 Harvard bus.
* Green Line E-Line comes to the building.
* Walking from the Orange Line takes about 5-10 minutes.
* Walking from Brookline is about 10 minutes.
* MFA, NEU, Wentworth, and Colleges of the Fenway are adjacent.
* Route 9 comes right into the area.
* Street parking is FREE from 6 pm onward.
Show your CURRENT LOCAL ID to the HSPH Security Guard, the UP the open indoor stairwell (follow signs to Kresge 201).
E-Mail [masked] and [masked] for a building pass if you don't have a Harvard ID; we convene in Kresge 201; you will ask the HSPH security guard where that is.