* Mandarin speakers want to practice English (and reduce their Chinese accents)?
* English speakers want to learn Mandarin?
* Nerdy Chinese folks want to bring friends and have a fun, FREE "outing" in Boston just talking with nerdy strangers in English or Mandarin?
Before 6 pm - free conversations - so arrive early - as early as 5:30 pm
6-7 - Introductions
7-8 pm - in BOTH Mandarin AND English
*** Time to UPDATE the Massachusetts Bottle Bill ***
[Ahead of its time in the 1970s (vetoed in 1981, overridden 6/4/81), but oh, SO in need of an update]
David Keirstead (native English) and Yiran Zhang (native Mandarin)
"To provide an economic incentive for consumers to return used beverage containers and encourage conservation of materials and energy through recycling and reuse"
8-9:30 pm - FREE CHAT (no talk tonight)
8-9:30 pm - small Mandarin-speaking groups
8-9:30 pm - English language pronunciation and grammar workshops
After 9:30 pm - free conversations - so stay late
Our stable location is Kresge 201 in the most gracious and globally conscious Harvard School of Public Health, where health-conscious and energy-conscious building and curriculum modifications have been made.
All Mandarin speakers (and English-speakers, too) need to register IN ADVANCE to get an HSPH building permission for the night.
E-Mail [masked] to register your intent AND sign YES on this meetup.
PLEASE request by 3 pm the day before the Tuesday evening event.
* Harvard Square to LMA is about 30 minutes on #66 bus or the M2 Harvard bus.
* Green Line E-Line comes to the building.
* Walking from the Orange Line takes about 5-10 minutes.
* Walking from Brookline is about 10 minutes.
* MFA, NEU, Wentworth, and Colleges of the Fenway are adjacent.
* Route 9 comes right into the area.
* Street parking is FREE from 6 pm onward.
Show your CURRENT LOCAL ID to the HSPH Security Guard, the UP the open indoor stairwell (follow signs to Kresge 201).
E-Mail [masked] and [masked] for a building pass if you don't have a Harvard ID; we convene in Kresge 201; you will ask the HSPH security guard where that is.