Constitutional Facial Acupuncture
Mary Elizabeth Wakefield will offer an introduction to her new book, Constitutional Facial Acupuncture.
This presentation will include:
1. "Changing the Face of Aging"; her philosophy
2. History and myths of beauty through the ages
3. Examining 2 archetypes of Eastern and Western beauty
4. 3 levels of constitutional treatment
5. The Facial Landscape:
• The face; the most emotive part of the body
• Facial lines and wrinkles are not necessarily proof of aging
• "The Shen leads the Qi"; an ancient Chinese axiom
• A new facial protocol based upon muscle structure and the emotional expression
6. The importance of psychospiritual treatments in the context of facial acupuncture treatments
7. Enhancing facial acupuncture with Chinese and Western topical herbs, essential oils, hydrosols, natural creams, cleansers and jade rollers
8. Possible demonstration
Mary Elizabeth Wakefield, L. Ac., M. S., M. M., AAAOM
is the author of Constitutional Facial Acupuncture (2013, Churchill Livingstone Elsevier) and is internationally acknowledged as the leading authority on facial acupuncture. She is a recognized author, teacher, and creator of innovative treatment protocols, she has presented at symposiums in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, and trained approximately 4,500 practitioners from 5 continents. She recently created and taught a 2-year training program at Northwestern Health Sciences University, the International GOLD STANDARD FACIAL ACUPUNCTURE® Certification Program, which raises the bar of excellence in this field. She maintains a private practice in New York City; www.chiakra.com.
This meetup will be in a 90 minute lecture format
All our Meetups are essentially free! Attendees will be given a coupon of $20.00 toward purchases at Kamwo's Online Store; however you must be present in order to redeem coupon.