FORGET LOVE, FALL IN CHOCOLATE!
Chocolate tasting benefit on Valentine's Day!
Saturday, February 14th
Where: Side Bar
Purchase your tickets in advance. (Tickets not available at the door)
Taste chocolate for a good cause!
Event producer: Global Giving Circle
All proceeds will benefit Project Hope & Fairness, a US based 501(c)(3) organization which supports African cocoa farmers and their families. The goal is to raise $5,000 so we can pay for a well to be built in one of the villages and a few scales used to weigh the cocoa. Scales are significant because farmers are often cheated by the middlemen who typically weigh the cocoa away from the villages.
We will be sampling...
Vere Chocolate - Sustainably grown, pesticide-free cocoa beans
Amano Chocolate - 1 of only 20 chocolate makers in the US who makes his own chocolate
Sweetriot- Chocolate covered cocoa nibs
Donna & Co - Recent NY Times article
Fine & Raw chocolate- Fair Trade & Organic
The Chocolate Room
Chocolate for Change - Rainforest Alliance certified
STOGO organic vegan ice cream
In order to reach our donation goals we have created various ticket prices that include the tasting plus gifts. They are:
- $25 (base price for tasting)
- $50 (tasting and a signed copy of Matt Lewis's 2008 best-selling cookbook Baked, a $30 value)
- $75 (the above plus a CD of music from the chocolate lands)
- $100 (the above plus a box of amazing chocolates from one of our sponsors*)
- $250 (the above plus a fancy Valentine's Day box set of chocolates from one of our sponsors*)
- $500 (all of the above and a lesson with a noted pastry chef)
Sponsors: Baked, Theo, Vere, Sweet Riot, Amano Chocolate, Fine & Raw, CHocolate for Change, the Chocolate Room, Donna & Co. and many more!
p.s. Number of tickets available will also depend on how many tickets are being sold outside of meetup. (We have approx 100 tickets available for this event.)
Correction! Article New York’s new batch of chocolate-makers featured in New York MAGAZINE.