Louisiana Motion Picture and Acting Meetup of Jesus Christ Message Board › Score a Winning Audition Every Time with AUDITION TECHNIQUE

Score a Winning Audition Every Time with AUDITION TECHNIQUE

Veleka G.
Actors,

Are you confident that you can break down the script when you have an audition?

Do you know how to make interesting choices for your characters?

Can you take adjustments fluidly and with ease when the casting director asks for something you didn't bring into the room?

If you're not sure, you need The Actors Alliance course starting on 11/5.  Any casting director or agent will tell you that you shouldn't be reading for any substantial roles until you know what you're doing.

No one is born a star.  A star is created by dint of hard work, solid training, and tenacity.  Learn how to audition wisely and well, and build a track record with casting directors to get seen regularly.

★ THE TECHNIQUE CLASS ★

Each week the actors will practice one aspect of advanced technique and judge for themselves how well they are mastering their craft by watching their work on camera.

1st CLASS: a review of cold reading, audition etiquette, and how well you take direction to see what you need to learn; assignments for scene work

2nd CLASS: learning how to make interesting choices; basic script analysis on a scene; tips on memorizing lines

3rd CLASS: working with a reader when it's your close-up while maintaining energy and focus; improv

4th CLASS: how to move on set using the method dancers use, handling props, and how to hit your marks exactly every time for continuity

5th CLASS: putting it all together in a performance

6th CLASS: showcase your skills for an agent.

★ CLASS VENUES ★

• METAIRIE - Monday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting November 5

• BATON ROUGE - Wednesday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting November 7

• COVINGTON - Thursday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting November 8

Tuition for each semester is $275 if a $50 deposit is paid in advance, or $300 at the door.  Emotionally and psychologically mature actors age 14 and up may enroll.

E-mail TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com or call 504-812-3379 to find out how to register.

★ KEY BENEFITS ★

Students of The Actors Alliance are given the opportunity to...  

★ Train with the top acting coach in Louisiana

★ Have the opportunity to be cast in the latest The Actors Alliance film project

★ Showcase for top industry guests in the sixth and final week of each semester

★ Network with other actors, casting directors, producers, and filmmakers on a private Facebook page, created just for members of The Actors Alliance

★ Get the seasoning needed to manifest personal charisma and star quality

★ Have first crack at all auditions for The Actors Alliance Productions and get referred to filmmakers doing other projects

★ COMMENDATIONS ★

"You give so much of yourself to the classes and to me personally.  I use the things I learn in class in my everyday life.  I've learned it's the little things sometimes that make a difference.  I've used the simple but oh so effective posture you taught us with the Four Steps.  To me that is such a simple technique, but it really makes a world of difference in how I feel and how I'm approached."
~ Janet Aube, Baton Rouge, LA

"Thanks to you I am a more confident, headstrong, and determined actress. I am even more confident in everyday life :) Before I joined your class I thought this was such an impossible and silly dream to go for. You've made me feel like I can really do this. So ultimately, you've changed my life, for the better. There's nothing I can do to repay you for that."
~ Sarah Wilkinson, Biloxi, MS

"I wanted to thank you for teaching me.  Thank you for introducing me to people who share my passion.  Thank you for making me get out of my comfort zone.  Thanks for taking time to visit.  You have touched my life and made it better for my family and me."
~ William Gil, Berwick, LA

"Veleka, I am still on cloud 9 from my audition yesterday evening. I brought you into that audition with me (you didn't know you were there, did you?), and the producer told me that I blew her away. She showed me the goose bumps on her arms. She could not believe that was my first ever audition. She said that I was one of 3 that she was considering for the part, and if I didn't get it, it would have nothing to do with my acting capabilities. I love you, Veleka, and could NOT have done it without you!"
~ Sabrita Gordon, Picayune, MS

"You are the most valuable resource in the region for aspiring film actors. (And you can quote me on that.)"
~ Tony Fennelly, New Orleans, LA

"Can't wait to see the group tomorrow! Been missing the fun."
~ David Hanks, New Orleans, LA

★ INSTRUCTOR ★

Television star and Emmy judge Veleka Gray, a native of New Orleans, is a professional actress, educator, writer, director, casting director, and award-winning producer with credits in film, television, and Broadway.  She has shared the stage or screen with scores of luminaries, including Sigourney Weaver, Ted Danson, Dana Delany, Jobeth Williams, Elliot Gould, Rue McClanahan, Armand Assante, and Michael Cole, among many others.

Since returning to New Orleans in 2000, Veleka has been cast in six films, including the features Flag of My Father, Flood Streets, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D, which releases in 2013.  She was also cast in the shorts Television2 and Fingers, plus she played Judge White in Blood in The Grass, for which she was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress award at the UNO Film Festival.

She is now casting and producing films as well.  She has been Executive Producer of five films and has written the screenplay for four of those.  After writing and casting two shorts with her students in The Actors Alliance, Reunion and For Better, For Worse, she cast The House of Vigorsol Mystery for an Italian production company in March.

For Better, For Worse was just screened at the Mississippi International Film Festival in Jackson this October.

Veleka has been coaching actors for twenty-five years in New York, San Francisco, at the College of DuPage in Chicago, and, since 2000, all over Louisiana.  In addition to the workshops and classes she teaches weekly in Metairie, Baton Rouge, and Covington, she brings her coaching to Shreveport, Monroe, Alexandria, Lafayette, and Hattiesburg and Jackson, MS.

Veleka's productions star students of The Actors Alliance to help them acquire experience, leading roles for their résumés, and excellent scenes for their demo reels.  Her third class film, Cabin Fever, is in post, and she's in preproduction for both a television pilot titled Making The Grade and for a horror film she and her students will be shooting in the winter.

Collaborating with colleagues in her professional organizations, such as Women in Film and Television, PSA, and the Louisiana Filmmakers Meetup, Veleka is developing other projects.  She is a member of MENSA, is vested by more than ten years of credits in both Screen Actors Guild and AFTRA, and was inducted into the Louisiana Hall of Fame in 2004.

★ TO GET MORE INFORMATION ★

Call 504-812-3379 or e-mail TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com

Students accepted must be teenagers or older.  Once registered, students are expected to attend all classes or make them up in the same semester.  All deposits and tuition are non-refundable.

You can study acting for film until the cows come home, but until you are performing in front of a camera, you won't get the feel for the work or the necessary experience.  Doing the work and then seeing yourself on camera is essential, and that's one more advantage that studying with The Actors Alliance gives you.

Being an actor is about making acting a regular part of your life.  Join the actors in The Actors Alliance and network with the finest talent in the South.  You'll learn how to fulfill your dreams and make great friends who share your dreams.

Transform your acting from good to great with new, fun skills today!

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence is therefore not an act but a habit." – Aristotle

"I will prepare, and someday my chance will come." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Great acting is a science...
Learn how at The Actors Alliance"

http://TheActorsAllia...­