Louisiana Motion Picture and Acting Meetup of Jesus Christ Message Board › New Techniques to Score a Winning Audition Every Time

New Techniques to Score a Winning Audition Every Time

Veleka G.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Actors!

Were you happy with your progress in 2012?  Were you getting called regularly for auditions?  What was your booking ratio?

If you were not as successful as you'd like to be, what resolution will you make today to make 2013 the year your acting career takes off?

There's only one sure way to become good and even great at any skill: you have to practice.  Unless you're working all the time, do what professional actors do.  Find a home class to refresh your craft, learn new skills, and practice, practice, practice to be the best you can be.

In this new year, choose to follow in the footsteps of the pros.  Register for continuing classes with The Actors Alliance community and resolve to master the most advanced techniques for auditioning for film and television today.

• Evaluate your development by watching tapes of your work on TV in class.

• Assess new ways to market and expand your brand and define what your brand is, if you don't already know.

• Prepare for any audition with three unique ways to perform the sides or copy, including improv.

• When to risk improv and when to follow the script.

• Define a character's archetype and make interesting choices for your characters.

• What to do to demonstrate your range and skill when there is no script.

• How to take adjustments fluidly when the casting director asks for something you didn't bring into the room.

• What to ALWAYS do and what to NEVER do at a casting call.

And so much more!

Any casting director or agent will tell you that you shouldn't be reading for any substantial roles until you know what you're doing.  By dint of conscientious work, solid training, and tenacity, you can master how to perform in film and how to audition wisely and well.  Once you build a track record with casting directors, you'll get seen regularly and book.

• METAIRIE - Monday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting January 7

• BATON ROUGE - Wednesday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting January 9

• COVINGTON - Thursday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting January 10

Tuition for each semester is $275 if a $50 deposit is paid in advance, or $300 at the door.  Emotionally and psychologically mature actors age 14 and up may enroll.

Call 504-812-3379 or e-mail TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com to find out how to register.

"I just signed with the wonderful people of Heyman Talent today and wanted to thank you! Your guidance and support is one of the main reasons actors continue to pursue their dream. Your encouragement and genuine kindness make the entertainment industry (and world) a better place for us all."
~ Sherrod Sisco Pair, Metairie, LA

"Thanks for all your hard work and teaching me so much and getting me into the entertainment industry and with the best super agent, Ms. Jessica O'Day!"
~ Antonio Sabatini, Covington, LA

"Just a note to thank you for your coaching. After having to pass on two auditions previously, I have been cast in Treme and may have a recurring role (well, two episodes anyway). I used your character building before giving them what I came up with. At the callback, the director asked me to internalize it for a second take. Your advice of 'less is more' did the trick! Love ya!"
~ John Joly, Baton Rouge, LA

"You give so much of yourself to the classes and to me personally.  I use the things I learn in class in my everyday life.  I've learned it's the little things sometimes that make a difference.  I've used the simple but oh so effective posture you taught us with the Four Steps.  To me that is such a simple technique, but it really makes a world of difference in how I feel and how I'm approached."
~ Janet Aube, Baton Rouge, LA

"I enjoyed the class last night immensely, and the information I received will definitely benefit me in my acting career."
~ Chuck Rooney, Ponchatoula, LA

"Thanks to you I am a more confident, headstrong, and determined actress. I am even more confident in everyday life :) Before I joined your class I thought this was such an impossible and silly dream to go for. You've made me feel like I can really do this. So ultimately, you've changed my life, for the better. There's nothing I can do to repay you for that."
~ Sarah Wilkinson, Biloxi, MS

"Monday night class took me by surprise. Great exercises. Thanks!"
~ William Gil, Berwick, LA

"Thank you so much for these opportunities! Last night really helped me understand a bigger concept of being an actress, which is to just be ready for anything! :):)"
~ Emily Nguyen, Baton Rouge, LA

"I have been offered the role of Voodoo Priestess in a Web series that is shooting its second season. I could NOT have done it without your wonderful training!!"
~ Sabrita Gordon, Picayune, MS

"You are the most valuable resource in the region for aspiring film actors. (And you can quote me on that.)"
~ Tony Fennelly, New Orleans, LA

Television star and Emmy judge Veleka Gray, a native of New Orleans, is a professional actress, educator, writer, director, casting director, and award-winning producer with credits in film, television, and Broadway.

She has shared the stage or screen with scores of luminaries, including Sigourney Weaver, Ted Danson, Dana Delany, Jobeth Williams, Elliot Gould, Rue McClanahan, Armand Assante, and Michael Cole, among many others.

Since returning to New Orleans in 2000, Veleka has been cast in six films, including the features Flag of My Father, Flood Streets, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D, which releases in 2013.  She was also cast in the shorts Television2 and Fingers, plus she played Judge White in Blood in The Grass, for which she was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress award at the UNO Film Festival.

She is now casting and producing films as well.  She has been Executive Producer of five films and has written the screenplay for four of those.  After writing and casting two shorts with her students in The Actors Alliance, Reunion and For Better, For Worse, she cast The House of Vigorsol Mystery for an Italian production company in March.

For Better, For Worse was screened at the Mississippi International Film Festival in Jackson last October.

Veleka has been coaching actors for twenty-five years in New York, San Francisco, at the College of DuPage in Chicago, and, since 2000, all over Louisiana.  In addition to the workshops and classes she teaches weekly in Metairie, Baton Rouge, and Covington, she brings her coaching to Shreveport, Monroe, Alexandria, Lafayette, and Hattiesburg and Jackson, MS.

Veleka's productions star students of The Actors Alliance to help them acquire experience, leading roles for their résumés, and excellent scenes for their demo reels.  Her third class film, Cabin Fever, is in post, and she's in preproduction for both a television pilot titled Making The Grade and for a horror film she and her students will be shooting in the new year.

Collaborating with colleagues in her professional organizations, such as Women in Film and Television, PSA, and the Louisiana Filmmakers Meetup, Veleka is developing other projects.  She is a member of MENSA, is vested by more than ten years of credits in both Screen Actors Guild and AFTRA, and was inducted into the Louisiana Hall of Fame in 2004.

Students of The Actors Alliance are given the opportunity to...

★ Train with the top acting coach in Louisiana

★ Get the training to be cast in the latest The Actors Alliance film project

★ Showcase for top industry guests in the sixth and final week of each semester

★ Network with other actors, casting directors, producers, and filmmakers on a private Facebook page, created just for members of The Actors Alliance

★ Get the seasoning needed to manifest personal charisma and star quality

★ Have first crack at all auditions for The Actors Alliance Productions and get referred to filmmakers doing other projects

Call 504-812-3379 or e-mail TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com

Students accepted must be teenagers or older.  Once registered, students are expected to attend all classes or make them up in other venues in the same semester.  All deposits and tuition are non-refundable.

You can study acting for film until the cows come home, but until you are performing in front of a camera, you won't get the feel for the work or the necessary experience.  Doing the work and then seeing yourself on camera is essential, and that's one more advantage that studying with The Actors Alliance gives you.

Being an actor is about making acting a regular part of your life.  Join the actors in The Actors Alliance and network with the finest talent in the South.  You'll learn how to fulfill your dreams and make great friends who share your dreams.

Transform your acting from good to great with new, fun skills today!

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence is therefore not an act but a habit." -- Aristotle

"I will prepare, and someday my chance will come." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Great acting is a science...
Learn how at The Actors Alliance"