Louisiana Motion Picture and Acting Meetup of Jesus Christ Message Board › ★ Casting Secrets for Actors ★

★ Casting Secrets for Actors ★

Veleka G.
★ THE SECRETS ★

Secret number one: Producers don’t hire actors for their movies.  They hire characters.

Secret number two: If you want to attract the right agent to get auditions for you, you've got to know your brand and how to play it.

Secret number three: You better master show business lingo, or you can be labeled as an outsider.

These secrets and a hundred more can be available to you if you’re a student at The Actors Alliance.  My students learn the tricks of the trade FAST.

“I really liked the class that taught us how to walk into an audition. Thanks for the extra time you gave to each of us. That was another thing I especially liked about the class. You were never rushed and you never made us feel silly or untalented.”
~ Pat Cravins, Arnaudville, LA

★ THE COURSE ★

Starting the week of January 6th, join us for the next semester of The Actors Alliance where you can earn your acting chops in classes in Metairie, Baton Rouge, or Covington.

In each class you will be taped so you can observe yourself on TV practicing both essential and advanced actors' skills, including:

• cold reading
• improvisation
• script analysis
• audition technique
• monologues
• acting for film and commercials
• AND conclude with a showcase with an industry guest

“Thank you, Veleka, for the encouragement and advice. It has been three years since I met you, and you have changed my life as an actor / filmmaker.”
~ William Gil, Berwick, LA

In each class you’ll practice playing a variety of characters to identify your brand.

Are you the Regular Guy or Gal, like Ray Romano and Sandra Bullock?
Are you the Sage like Leonard Nimoy and Oprah Winfrey?
Maybe you're The Hero / Heroine like Christian Bale and Halle Berry?

There are twelve basic character types you see in almost every movie, and you'll learn how to play each one and see which one is closest to your brand.  Then you'll attain the confidence to reveal your brand in auditions so that casting directors and agents can more easily define what's exceptional about you.

"I am elated to say that I got a supporting role in a film starring Anthony Hopkins!!! I am walking on cloud nine! Veleka, thank you for building my confidence and helping me to get where I am!!  You helped me get here!"
~ Kat Lindsay, Baton Rouge, LA

★ BENEFITS ★

• You’ll get an actors’ checklist you can use as a map to excellence.

• You'll get an audio program for your smartphone that will tell you exactly how producers think and what you have to do to impress them.

• You'll be able to audition for the next The Actors Alliance production, all of which are cast from The Actors Alliance students in class exclusively.

• And you’ll network with the finest actors in the region in a secret Facebook group and have hundreds of Actors Alliance graduates to call on when you need help.

“Thank you, Veleka, for wanting for your students to have the same you would want for yourself. That’s the mark of a true teacher! Thank you for that because you have for sure shown me exactly what I need to do.”
~ John Henry, Baton Rouge, LA

★ CLASS VENUES ★

• METAIRIE - Monday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting January 6
• BATON ROUGE - Wednesday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting January 8
• COVINGTON - Thursday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting January 9

Tuition for each semester is $300 if a $50 deposit is paid in advance, or $325 at the door.  Emotionally and psychologically mature actors age 14 and up may enroll.

★ FOR MORE INFORMATION ★

Call 504-812-3379 or e-mail TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com

Students accepted must be teenagers or older.  Once registered, students are expected to attend all classes or make them up in other venues in the same semester.  All deposits and tuition are non-refundable.

★ INSTRUCTOR ★

Veleka Gray is an award-winning producer, screenwriter, director, actress, and acting coach.  She is a member of Women in Film and Television and of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences where she has been a finalist judge for the national Emmy Awards for over twenty years.

As an actress, Miss Gray shared the stage or screen with scores of luminaries, including Sigourney Weaver, Ted Danson, Dana Delany, Elliot Gould, and Jobeth Williams.  In the fifteen years she reigned as one of the brightest stars on daytime television she had more contract roles than any other actor in history on such shows as The Young & The Restless and As the World Turns.

Miss Gray has been coaching actors for the past twenty years in New York, San Francisco, at the College of DuPage in Chicago, and, since 2000, all over Louisiana.  In addition to the classes she teaches weekly in Metairie, Baton Rouge, and Covington, she brings her coaching to Lafayette, Shreveport, Monroe, and Alexandria, Louisiana, and to Hattiesburg and Jackson, Mississippi.

She is currently in preproduction for her sixth film, a SAG feature titled Blood Relatives.  Her SAG pilot titled Making The Grade that she wrote and directed was screened at this year's Mississippi International Film Festival.  She is a member of Mensa and was inducted into the Louisiana Hall of Fame in 2004.

"Great acting is a science...
Learn how at The Actors Alliance"

http://TheActorsAllia...­