Sacramento Support for Chronic Pain and Illness's "Keep Celebrating Spring" May Meeting!
On May 23 we will come together and share our experiences, knowledge, and coping methods, regarding chronic pain and illness. Significant others are welcome! We must stay connected! There should be no shame or guilt in depending on others. And there need not be any arrogance or self-aggrandizing in helping others.
Privacy for Face-To-Face Meetings
RULE: Assume that attendees want to be as anonymous as they can be, unless they tell you otherwise.
I do not mention any names of attendees in the meeting notes, in order to have a certain level of privacy in our face-to-face meetings. If someone specifically tells me that they're going to put something on the message board or lets me know that I can name them, then I will. Otherwise, we try to keep a certain level of privacy that is almost like that in AA meetings, although not quite as anonymous, since members often use their real names and even pictures that show on each meeting link when they RSVP.
In order to attend the meeting, a member must be able to commit to the following:
1. Positive attitudes
2. Nonjudgmental towards others
3. Suggestions are great; but careful with unsolicited advice.
4. Realize that some people just need someone to listen.
5. Work on Goals, even the smallest.
7. It's okay to cry
8. It's okay to laugh
9. We cannot force anyone to talk, but try to allow as much equity as possible for members to share---we are a group.
10. Sharing values, beliefs systems and perspectives, especially on how to treat chronic illness, is welcomed, encouraged really, as long as one is sharing vs. trying a pushy indoctrination of others.
*Whenever you RSVP, you agree to follow the rules of etiquette.
See you all in May!