addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boardgamers of Northern Cincinnati (BONC) Message Board › CINCYCON 2013 Report

CINCYCON 2013 Report

ReneeA
ReneeA
Group Organizer
Mason, OH
Friday evening, Ron, Richard and I started with Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries. It was a close game, but I think Richard came out ahead.

Next, I taught Ron and Kelly how to play Guatemala Cafe. This worker placement/stock game is a lot of fun, and doesn't get the table time it deserves. I invested in workers in two colors without owning a factory, which would have worked if the game had been longer. As it was, Ron squeaked out the win before I could get established.

On Saturday, Ron was jonesing for a game of Fresco, and Pete from the Lebanon group and Will from the Eastgate group joined us. The markets were highly uneven, which made guessing what other players would do a bit more random than usual. The scores were within about five points, with Pete taking the win.

We ended with Roggi, Ron, someone named Jim, and me in a game of Hey! That's My Fish! We had a three point spread between the winner and last place. The good news: I think Roggi's addicted!