Hack Night is a chance to work on civic tech projects, collaboratively.
At the beginning of the meetup we'll introduce the projects, then split into groups (for each project) to work on them.
Bring a project, an idea, or willingness to jump in on one. Many projects will involve tech, but all abilities and skills are welcome... graphic design, project management, writing, community engagement, software development, or just some cleverness, communication skills and determination to make a positive impact on our region.
Currently active projects:
• Summit County Parks & Trails App (forked from HackNEO and in collaboration with Code for Summit County)
• Open Data Catalog for Cleveland / Cuyahoga County, (beginnings at dkan.opencleveland.org .)
• LocalWiki for Cleveland: http://clevelandwiki.org/
Other project ideas:
• Set up an OpenTreeMap instance
• NPMap (Getting CVNP data into OpenStreetMap)
• Set up a CartoDB + Mapbox server for group use.
• Bicycling infrastructure mapping/assessment
• Public toilet map/finder.
We're meeting on opposite Wednesdays as Code for Summit County, (Akron's Code for America Brigade,) to promote collaboration and cross-pollination.