Keeping Drupal core and contributed modules and themes up-to-date is vital for keeping your site secure, stable, and current.
Some types of upgrades are painless but others can be daunting and time-consuming.
We'll talk through different sorts of Drupal upgrades and how best to approach them:
- Minor core updates
- Updates release schedule
- Major core updates
- What's involved
- When do you need to upgrade to 7?
- Simplified how-to/demo
- Strategizing your update to 7
- Contrib module updates
- How-to/demo with D7's built-in updating
- How-to/demo with FTP
- Contrib theme updates
- Updating with drush
And if there's time:
- Upgrading with a version controlled deployment strategy
- Upgrading your custom modules to a new major version