addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Cleveland Entrepreneurs Message Board › Good Ideas Getting Funding

Good Ideas Getting Funding

A former member
Post #: 1
I think in lieu of the financial /credit crisis, the most pertinent issue affecting entrepreneurs is financing. Where to get the money for your idea/service/product. The next (or simultaneously) asked question is how to get the money. This leads to a heightening importance in business planning and financial records. If there is anyone out there with knowledge on any of these topics it would be appreciated.
A former member
Post #: 3
VC's are very careful these days and most will not look at your company unless you have a certified audit so you are right these days. I have just finished a discussion with of my friends who helped fund some of my other start-ups is that the VC's are very nervous about putting their money in new ventures since the economy is so volatile. Many of them are looking to put money in their already-funded portfolio companies-better the devil you know then the devil you do not know.

How does this help answer your question? If you think you are being careful, be doubly careful. With so much anxiety out there you have to do whatever you can to minimize the angst. If you can build your business with solid research and even a cash flow it will go a long way to help you secure additional funding.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan