Currently there are some openings for experienced Java & Spring developers in the SpringSource group where I work in at VMware.
The first opening is for a technical support engineer on the WaveMaker team. WaveMaker is a rapid web development tool that is built on Spring and Java.
Here are the qualifications for the position.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field of studies
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- 3 + years industry experience in technical support or related disciplines
- Strong Java development background
- Familiarity with client side web development technologies: AJAX, Dojo, JSON, REST, SOAP
- Familiarity with server side web development technologies: Spring Framework, Spring Security, Hibernate, Web Services
- Familiarity with JQuery, PHP, Cloud Foundry is a plus
- Familiarity with monitoring applications and/or cloud computing will be beneficial, but not required
The position could be a work-from-home opportunity for the right candidate.
The second opening is for a technical support engineer on the Enterprise Spring Support team. This position is being advertised at the following link.
Please note that the job states the location as Cork Ireland, but the position could also be a work-from-home opportunity for the right candidate.
Lastly there are a few opportunities open in the CloudFoundry group. You can see the positions advertised here.
These are being advertised for developers who would be living in or willing to move to California, but are also for the right candidate open to being work-from-home opportunities.
Just a quick disclaimer, I'm not the hiring manager or decision maker for any of these positions and to the best of my knowledge the above information is correct.
If you are interested in any of the jobs, contact me and I'd be happy to pass along your resume.