The Cleveland Java Meetup Group Message Board Announce › Need Your Topic Suggestions

Need Your Topic Suggestions

Scott S.
user 7384726
Group Organizer
Independence, OH
Post #: 26
Trying to schedule meetings for 2012 but could use your help with topics. Feel free to suggest or recommend a Java or Java-related session topic ... or if you're willing, volunteer to speak to the group on a technology you work with or are just learning.
Mark
user 7821585
Broadview Heights, OH
Post #: 1
Scott,
How about a meeting on Java troubleshoting tools from Oracle or 3rd parties?

Mark Stevens
Kevin F.
user 13305071
Independence, OH
Post #: 3
A meeting on troubleshooting tools would be good...

Along the same lines I have also been interested in using find bugs as well. That may make for an interesting talk.

JavaFX has gone through some significant changes and would be great to review.

Would any other members be interested in having lighting talks at all for a meeting? It is far less intimidating to prepare a 5 minute talk than it is to prepare an hour long talk.

Talks related to Groovy or JRuby would also be great.

Android development... (would oracle give us pizza for that meeting... :) )

I have always been a fan of development with standard text editors (vi, emas....), but a lot of tools are packaged for Eclipse now so I have been trying to give Eclipse a fair shake. Does anyone else struggle with a love/hate relationship with Eclipse? Best practices for development with eclipse would be a great topic.
Michael S.
michaelstratton
Streetsboro, OH
Post #: 55
What about a Code Kata?

I occassionaly attend a .net software group that had coding exercises as part of the regular group format.

This article explains in further detail: http://codekata.pragp...­