|A former member||
Attention Java Developers! Have you thought about coming in out of the cold in 2013? There has never been a better time to join one of the most respected brands in America – AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Insurance Exchange. Over the next several years, our IT Division, located in Glendale, Arizona, (part of the Greater Phoenix Metropolitan area), will be experiencing unprecedented growth!
If you have ever thought about moving to a warmer climate, consider the Greater Phoenix area. As the sixth largest metropolitan area in the United States, we are home to the Phoenix Suns, Arizona Diamondbacks and Phoenix Coyotes. In addition, many successful international companies have their corporate headquarters and significant operations here. We average almost 300 sunny days per year, and are located within a five hour drive (or 1 hour flight) of San Diego and Las Vegas.
As a part of a team-oriented, dynamic, high-energy and fluid Agile Development team, you will be highly instrumental in developing a multi-platform, multi-state software insurance product that will be an innovative product offering to our partner clubs over a 22 state region.
The person we are seeking will develop an understanding of our products and the problems we are attempting to solve. If you are that person, you like to go beyond working from requirements and are able to lend a fresh perspective, and will help contribute to our technology roadmap.
If you are a motivated developer who takes pride in your craft, is very interested and passionate about new technologies and thrives in an Agile development environment to build a unique application, then we want to see your resume!
What are the details of this role?
• You will develop new information technology applications that will enable our members, agents and employees to be able to work together easily and efficiently and enjoy doing business with us.
• Design and engineer SOA service components
• Software development on all tiers of our solutions from presentation to RDMS backend
• Be a high level contributor in all aspects of SDLC
• Determine how existing applications, legacy systems, external systems, databases, Web interfaces and/or hardware logic operating on multiple platforms work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements.
• Participate in code walk-throughs and ensures that all code is production ready and complies with all internal audit standards.
Necessary Skills & Abilities:
Java Technologies: J2SE and J2EE, JAX-WS, JPA, XML , JSF
Frameworks: Spring (3), Hibernate (3)
Databases: Oracle (11g)
Other Technologies: UML, SOA
Tools: Eclipse, SubVersion, Maven, Hudson, JUnit
Operating Systems: AIX
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science, Information systems, Engineering) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Recognized expert in development who often provides strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services..
• 8+ years coding, testing and applications development experience.
• 8+ years High-tech industry, application engineering and/or IT work experience.
• 8+ years Application design and programming experience preferably in related application areas.
We would consider it a plus if you have any or all of the following:
• Spring is a framework of choice.
• You possess a strong RDBMS understanding – in particular, experience with Oracle Databases with strong knowledge of PL/SQL and abiliy to design database tables.
• You can write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code and correctly employ design patterns.
• Have lead or mentored junior team members before
• Strong server side development experience with application performance and tuning focus
• Hands-on experience of SOAP and Restful services.
• Experience with WAS (7+) and Tomcat.
• Experience of data modeling tools (eg, Erwin) and Data Governance principles
• Strong problem solving skills with an aptitude for learning and impementing emerging technologies?
• Understanding of Insurance industry operation practices
About AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Insurance Exchange:
For the better part of a century, our operations were combined with the AAA auto club serving Northern California, Nevada and Utah.
In 2011, the two entities formally separated their operations and today work closely together to serve Members in that region. Other states served include Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming and the District of Columbia.
We are recruiting top talent to grow with us. We are…
• One of America's most trusted brands -- our business is insurance
• Financially secure with strong growth
• Expanding coast to coast
• Offering full benefit packages including generous paid time off and a retirement plan in addition to 401K with matching contributions
• A values-based organization ear ning 100% in the Corporate
• Equality Index, as rated by the Human Rights Campaign
• Community-centric; nationally recognized, award-winning volunteer program, employees get paid time off to volunteer
• Rated in top 100 for Leadership Development by Leadership Excellence magazine
• Committed to employee wellness with no-cost and low-cost wellness programs available to all employees
Questions? Please e-mail Renee.Maurer@goaaa.com or Telephone: 602-467-7645
Edited by User 52,943,562 on Jan 9, 2013 5:44 PM