add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Cleveland Independent Movie Goers Message Board › After 6 months...

After 6 months...

Group Organizer
Beachwood, OH
Hello everyone

I have been quite pleased with the number and variety of people who attend the movie events. There are more independent movie fans than I ever thought possible. And it is not just me saying that. Elizabeth Weinstein, a CIMG member, wrote a great article in Northern Ohio Live on the popularity of independent movies in Cleveland. On page 28, our meetup received a prominent mention. You may want to check it out.

I am also happy to see that at least 3 other Cleveland area groups are sponsoring independent films. This gives members even more options. I also encourage you to post movie ideas on the Message Board or drop me a line if you have a good idea on a movie or venue.

Mark your calendar for the International Film Festival beginning March 15. We will be planning several meetups during that event. http://clevelandfilm....­

Finally, I am in need of several assistants for this board. I am just looking for someone to help arrange the details and be a backup in case I cannot make an event.

I am looking forward to the next 6 months.