Cleveland Independent Movie Goers Message Board › Favorite films at the CIFF

Favorite films at the CIFF

Jims
jsimler
Group Organizer
Beachwood, OH
Post #: 21
After movie number 11, you would think I would be a true movie fan. I guess I am still in the bush league when it comes to seeing movies. I had a few people laugh at me
since the true movie fans were already in their 30's!!!

I saw Beauty in Trouble. Really liked it. A four star movie. Also saw 1208 Bucharest. I would categorize it as a Romanian Seinfeld. The theater was 90% full. I haven't laughed that much in a movie in a long time.

Of my mere 11, my breakdown is as follows:

4 excellent (Tracker, American Visa, Reprise, Beauty in Trouble)
4 good
2 fair
1 Poor

What have others seen that they have liked?
A former member
Post #: 332
Hi, I wasn't able to go to any of the group outings but my boyfriend and I saw Coffee Date, Severance, and Eagle vs. Shark yesterday.

We absolutely loved Coffee Date and Severance. They were both very funny and very well put together. Eagle vs. Shark was funny at some points but kind of boring to us during others. It's kind of like Napolean Dynamite but in New Zealand. Still a good flick, just not as good as the first two. We highly enjoyed the festival.
Lynda
user 3464426
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 7
Guess I would REALLY be laughed at, since I was able to squeeze in only five films...
Anyway, I definitely agree with a rating of excellent for Tracker and Beauty in Trouble. Another excellent (in my opinion) was Who Loves the Sun, a Canadian film
that was both poignant and humorous, and had the audience totally enthralled from start to finish. Great character development.

I'm already looking forward to next year's CIFF!