Cleveland Independent Movie Goers Message Board › What fillms have you seen and what were your comments

What fillms have you seen and what were your comments

Jims
jsimler
Group Organizer
Beachwood, OH
Post #: 133
Saw "Paradise Love" - It didn't have much of a plot, but I liked it. It is NOT for everybody, and has lots of unattractive nudity. But it paints such a great picture of what older people sometime go through to be happy.

Piazza Fontana was very well written. The conspiracy they presented was truly amazing implicating the Italian government and NATO in a terrorist act. I need to read up more about it.
Lynda
user 3464426
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 159
Material - I loved this one! It had me laughing and even crying at the happy ending. I couldn't help but notice the similarity to Kuma, which I had seen previously. Both were about cultural tradition and family loyalty, both featured a very strong and stubborn elder family member, and both ended with that elder person softening his/her ways.

Putzel - I was disappointed in this one. I thought it showed promise in the beginning, but my enthusiasm soon fizzled. It seemed to me that it was trying way too hard to be a quirky movie. I like a film to have some kind of point behind it; I didn't find one here.

Red, White and Blueprints: a Rustbelt Documentary - A well-made film that looked into the changes in viewpoint in the effort of the rustbelt cities (St. Louis, Detroit, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Cleveland) to rise above their ashes. It was nice to hear that some of the people involved in the revitalization of these cities are trying to pool their resources and share ideas instead of competing with each other. Slightly repetitive, and I felt that it barely scratched the surface.
In the end, I wished more material had been put into this film, adding to its depth, instead of pairing it with Dancing with the Trees, a film about rebuilding a Biloxi museum after it was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina ...which could have been a stand-alone film.
[Please excuse the run-on sentence.]

Thérèse - Very good film about a woman in the 1920's fighting to escape her suffocating provincial marriage. Cinematography and acting: excellent.
marina g.
user 13645637
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 1
Outside of documentaries the only gem and not to miss film in this whole festival was Laurence Anyway. absolutely incredible film. it was a disservice to the film that it get to the 10% sidebar and few went to see it