addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Cleveland Independent Movie Goers Message Board › Chagrin Falls Film Festival/ Performance by the Western Reserve Chorale and

Chagrin Falls Film Festival/ Performance by the Western Reserve Chorale and Chagrin Falls Symphony

Susan
user 4646376
Cleveland, OH
Hi,

I haven't planned on scheduling any of these films, but wanted to make you aware of the festival in case someone else would like to.  I do want to bring to your attention the closing film below.  My choir, the Western Reserve Chorale will be performing with Soloists and the Chagrin Falls symphony after the showing of this movie.  We will be performing the Dies Irae (2nd movement) of the Verdi Requiem.  I guess tickets are selling out fast.
Defiant Requiem
n a dark, dank cellar, after grueling days of forced labor in a Czech concentration camp, a former opera-choral conductor gave the prisoners hope by teaching them Verdi’s Requiem Mass. Learning the mass not only gave them hope to survive but it also sparked a unique method of fighting Nazi oppression; a defiant Requiem.

http://chagrin.festivalgenius.com/2013/schedule/week­
Lynda
user 3464426
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 175
This sounds like a great film + performance! Sorry I won't be able to make it.