addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Cleveland Independent Movie Goers Message Board › Dinner Reservations - Oscar® Animated Shorts

Dinner Reservations - Oscar® Animated Shorts

A former member

Greetings Movie Friends!

Oscar® Animated Shorts

Just a quick note regarding Oscar® Animated Shorts at at The Capitol Theatre today and our dinner after at Stone Mad.

Here are the confirmed RSVP’s for dinner. Please be aware that maybe RSVP’s will not be included in dinner plans. If you will attend, please update your RSVP status to yes. Also, if you said you were attending the film but hedged on a firm “yes” for dinner like “possibly” or “maybe,” you will not have a seat at the table.

It’s very important to RSVP early and cancel your dinner reservations if you can’t attend. Please be respectful of the Organizers and the Restaurants we patronize. Thank you!

The absolute deadline for dinner RSVP’s has passed, but I will be as flexible as possible. If you decide to join us at the last minute, see me before or after the movie. At this writing, I have RSVP’s from the following for dinner:

Dinner at 9 p.m. on Stone Mad's Patio – weather permitting!

Bill (me) – 1
Karl – 2
Nicholas – 2
Pat – 2
Kelly – 2
Francine – 2
Barbara – 1
Chris – 1
Kevin – 1
Lise – 1
Lynda – 1

Total = 16

Please let me know ASAP if you will NOT be attending dinner. I realize that this total will probably change by showtime and we remain flexible in this process. It is easier to accommodate a “last minute Nellie” and add a seat at dinner than to deal with an empty chair – the dreaded No Show.

If you have a last minute change of mind – see me at the show!

I should note that the Independent Movie Group members have been very good about honoring the RSVP’s. I am certain that we are considerably above average in this regard. Your organizers do appreciate this. Thank you!

Ciao!

Bill

Oscar® Animated Shorts
Thursday, May 20th at 7 p.m. at The Capitol Theatre
A Cinémathèque Presentation
United States, Great Britain, Spain, Poland, Canada and France
DVD; Runtime: 101 minutes
Genre: Animated Shorts, Comedy, Drama

We’ll join Cinémathèque as it returns to the newly restored Capitol Theatre (1390 W. 65th Street at Detroit Ave.) to present the Cleveland premiere of a great program - easily one of the best “movies” of the year—consisting of eight animated shorts from around the world, five of them nominated for this year’s Academy Award®.

Included is the Oscar® winner, Logorama,­ a one-of-a-kind spectacle set in a landscape dominated by corporate “branding.”

But equally, impressive are such Oscar-nominated “losers” as A Matter of Loaf and Death , the latest Wallace and Gromit cartoon (and one of the very best) from the Promethean Nick Park, and Spain’s The Lady and the Reaper, a witty, madcap dance of death.

There are even three outstanding gems that fell short of getting nominated, and they’re stronger than some of the nominees: Pixar’s brilliant Partly Cloudy; Poland’s poignant dark fantasy on the origins of cinema, The Kinematograph; and Canada’s Triplets of Belleville-esque Runaway.

All in all, a show not to be missed! DVD, 101 min. Regular Cinémathèque admission prices apply.

7 p.m. at The Capitol Theatre – Oscar® Animated Shorts
http://www.clevelandc...­
Meet at the entrance door or lobby 15 minutes ahead of time or look for the group inside the theater. We will try to save seats in the middle, center – lower level.

The flick is just short of 2 hours, so expect to be out at 8:45 p.m. You may also meet us afterward outside under the marque before we walk to the restaurant. If you RSVP and you have a photo posted, we will wait for you.

9 p.m. After Film Discussion – Dinner, Desert or Coffee.
Since film ends early, we’ll head over to Stone Mad Irish Pub, 1306 West 65th Street – 216.281.6500, a short walk from the Capitol for an insightful discussion, coffee and some wonderful food. If it’s warm we’ll be on the patio.

We will have a reserved table so you must indicate "dinner on your RSVP to have a seat! Please let us know your dinner plans on your RSVP so that we can reserve a seat for you at the "Movie Group" table. We have requested separate checks but due to the size of our group, you can expect a standard gratuity to be added. If circumstances force you to cancel, please try to notify the organizer as early as possible. It’s best to pay your check in cash to streamline the process. If you don't see us when you walk in, ask to be seated with Bill Johnson or the Indie Movie Group.

It’s very important to RSVP early and cancel your dinner reservations if you can’t attend. Please be respectful of the Organizers and the Restaurants we patronize.