Cleveland Independent Movie Goers Message Board › Dinner Reservations - Saravá / Mid-August Lunch

Dinner Reservations - Saravá / Mid-August Lunch

A former member

Ciao Movie Friends!

Just a quick note regarding Mid-August Lunch at Cedar Lee tomorrow (Sunday) and our dinner at Saravá after.

Here are the confirmed RSVP’s for dinner. Please be aware that MAYBE RSVP’s will not be included in dinner plans. If you will attend, please update your RSVP status to yes. Also, if you said you were attending the film but hedged on a firm “yes” for dinner like “possibly” or “maybe,” you will not have a seat at the table. We’ll try to accommodate drop-ins but I am expecting that Saravá will be quite busy.

A note to those on a tight budget, like me. Don’t feel obligated to order a meal. It’s not at all uncommon for members to meet after films and order a drink or just coffee. Actually, I have been known to only order water. Saravá offers a very reasonable menu. You can order a burger and a glass of wine and stay at the $25 threshold for the comp desert. That’s a very good value.

It’s very important to RSVP early and cancel your dinner reservations if you can’t attend. Please be respectful of the Organizers and the Restaurants we patronize. Thank you!

The deadline for dinner RSVP’s is approaching (Sunday at noon), but I will be as flexible as possible. If you decide to join us at the last minute, see me before or after the movie. It should be easy to add a few people. At this writing, I have RSVP’s from the following for dinner:

Note: You are welcome to come only for the dinner if that suits you better. Just make sure you RSVP yes and indicate "dinner only."

Dinner at 5 p.m. (come later if you wish) on the Saravá patio if the weather is friendly!

Bill (me) – 1
KJ – 1
Cindy – 1
Mireille – 1
Lenore - 2
linda – 1
Susan – 1
Kerrie – 1
Marnie - 1

Total = 10

Please let me know ASAP if you will NOT be attending dinner. It is easier to accommodate a “last minute Nellie” and add a seat at dinner than to deal with an empty chair – the dreaded No Show.

Ciao, ciao,

Bill

Mid-August Lunch(2010)
Pranzo di ferragosto

Sunday, June 6th at the Cedar Lee – 3:25 p.m.
Italy 2010
Genre: Comedy/Drama
Italian with English subtitles
Runtime: 76 minutes
Director: Gianni Di Gregorio
Starring: Gianni Di Gregorio, Valeria De Franciscis, Marina Cacciotti, Maria Cali, Grazia Cesarini Sforza, and Alfonso Santagata

Gianni is a middle-aged man who lives living in Rome with his imposing and demanding elderly mother. His only outlet from her and the increasing debt into which they are sinking, are the increasingly frequent quiet sessions at the local tavern. As an Oriental saying goes, “moments of crisis are moments of opportunities”. These appear during the celebration of the holiday of Ferragosto on 15 August. That's when everybody leaves town to have fun. Opportunity knocks on Gianni's door in the most unexpected way.

Mid-August Lunchpremiered in March at the Cleveland International Film Festival to rave reviews. It’s the directorial debut of Italian actor and screenwriter Gianni Di Gregorio. It was produced by Italian writer-director Matteo Garrone whose 2008, film Gomorrah was co-written by Di Gregorio.

Rotten Tomatoes reviewers gave it 86 percent on the infamous: Tomatometer

3:25 p.m. the Movie - Mid-August Lunch at Cleveland Cinemas - Cedar Lee Theater, 2163 Lee Road at Cedar.

Please note that this film will be attracting large numbers. I strongly advise arriving early to purchase tickets or consider purchasing advance tickets on-line.

Meet at the entrance door 15 minutes ahead of time or look for the group inside the theater. This will be well attended so it is advisable to arrive early or purchase tickets on-line to avoid missing the start. We will sit in the upper level, center. The flick is 76 minutes, so expect to be out around 4:45 p.m. You may also meet us afterward outside under the marque. If you RSVP, we will wait for you. If you do not have a photo posted, you will have to find us.

PARKING: Metered street parking is free in Sundays but the garage is not. Credit cards work in the garage but at times, the line to pay can delay your arrival at the show. Plan on an early arrival. Many members park at a free city parking lot on Edgewood Road at the corner of Cedar, one block west of Lee Road

5 p.m. - The After Party at Saravá­ on Shaker Square.
The film ends early so we’ll head over to Shaker Square for Dinner, Wine, Desert and Jazz at Sergio’s very posh Brasilian restaurant, a short 10-minute drive from the theater. We’ll have our Mid-August Lunch in June. Considering the early starting time, we will have plenty of time to relax and enjoy the evening, perhaps on the patio is the weather is friendly. Saravá is on the northeast quadrant of Shaker Square, 216.295.1200. There is valet parking along with a free lot in the rear. I believe that metered parking along the square is free on Sundays.

Saravá owner and master chef Sergio Abramof will welcome us with a special treat. With a minimum $25 purchase – food and beverage – we’ll enjoy one of Sergio’s premium deserts. You may choose from this tempting menu:

Sergio’s Coconut Butter Cake with whipped cream, crème Anglaise, and toasted coconut; Ouro Preto Torte, Saravá’s signature black-gold chocolate cake - a dense, flourless cake topped with chocolate ganache and sparkles of real gold leaf; Brazilian Carmel Custard - Sergio’s family recipe, baked vanilla custard with caramel syrup; Tropical Fruit and Berries – with passion fruit zabaglione; Saravá Hot Fudge Sundae; or Seasonal Sorbet or Ice Cream – made only with fresh fruit and natural ingredients. This is a MEMBERS ONLY benefit! Thank you , Sergio!

Please let us know your dinner plans on your RSVP so that we can either save you a seat at the "Movie Group" table or plan to meet you at the movie. We have asked for separate checks but please bring cash to pay for your meal.

This group has been successful partly because members have a genuine interest in meeting fellow independent movie goers for a discussion after the film. We don't always know where to look for you, especially those without a profile picture and first timers.

It’s very important to RSVP early and cancel your dinner reservations if you can’t attend. Please be respectful of the Organizers and the Restaurants we patronize.