Here is a link to what I think to be a very good essay on what science is and why it is not a dogma.
Is Science another Dogma?
The author of the piece,
Ernest partridge, says there are 7 distinguishing characteristics of science that demonstrate science is not a dogma.
1. Scientific activity is public and replicable
2. Science is cumulative
3. Science is Systemic, Coherent and Comprehensive
4. Science is Empirical
5. Scientific assertions are Fallible and Falsifiable
6. The Order of Scientific Inquiry proceeds from evidence to conclusion
7. In Science, the Burden of Proof is on the
Read the essay for the flesh he puts on each of these characteristics and how these characteristics demonstrate that science is not a dogma. All brands of dogma, despite the protests by at least one person on this forum, lack one or more of these characteristics, particularly numbers 3-7.