Morgan
morgan404
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 571
It looks like Meetup currently won’t accept Wikimedia links. Meetup Bug #456,390!

Maybe I could work around the bug with entity codes, but for now I took the clickable links away and left text you can copy/paste into the address bar. Just change the stars to dots.

And I added the last 3 artwork URLs to the source list above.
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 1,009
You are right that this painting by William Holman Hunt (the founder of the Pre-Raphaelites) is so weird that it would be rather pointless to try to "improve" it.

I think it is not the wikimedia site per se that confuses Meetup but the use of File: in the URL. You can go to the Wikipaedia page on Matthew 28:9 and click on the image to go to the Wikimedia file page.
Morgan
morgan404
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 572
Yes, I thought about trying an entity code for the File: part, but that’s an experiment for another day!

I think Matthew 28:9 must be the Miracle of the Ribbon Dance. The picture itself needs no improvement, but a disco soundtrack could nicely complete the historical recreation.
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 1,012
Substituting %3A for the colon works fine http://en.wikipedia.o...­ should link, as should "this painting" and the image in my previous post.